Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

on Chromecast audio spotify only skips music

on Chromecast audio spotify only skips music

Since a few days when I play spotify on my chromecast audio, music is not played, but only skipped. Spotify is very busy skipping music, but does not play a thing. This always worked fine. My phone with spotify is a Huawei P8 Lite.

8 Replies

My wife has an iPhone with the same issues...

Same here. It's got to be something account related. My wife is able to cast music just fine .

I'm having the exact same problem. Everything worked fine a few days ago, then suddenly, Spotify stopped working with Chromecast Audio. I have two of them set up in a group and casting to either or to the group fails in the same way with Spotify skipping to the next song.

I also have a Chromecast (video) and it's playing along with Spotify perfectly.

I've now updated Spotify on my phone, updated the firmware on my router, rebooted everything and it's still the same result. I've also tried it with Spotify desktop and mobile. Same same.

Other apps can cast to the Chromecast Audio without trouble.

I have the exact same problem. My Chromecast audio can play from other apps. Also have seems to be an all platforms. Trying from both Windows, Android and Iphone, nothing works,

After messaging Spotify Support via @SpotifyCares I went through a number of steps including using a test account on my same setup and it was account specific. They weren't able to fix the account so I ended up creating a new account, they migrated my saves and playlists, and then I was back in business with the new account.

YMMV, but you'll probably need a new account, too.

Good luck!

Do you have a family plan or just your own? I was advised that would help if I did that but that I would have to setup the family plan all over again. If so was it difficult to get everything set up?

Just myself on a premium account.

Same thing is happening in my home. As of Monday or Tuesday, I cannot cast Spotify to any of my Google Home or Minis. Google Play Music works fine, though.

Suggested posts