Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

open.spotify.com URLs and spoti.fi URLs are leading to app.adjust.com error page

open.spotify.com URLs and spoti.fi URLs are leading to app.adjust.com error page

Plan

Free

Country

India

Device

Infinix Smart 2

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Spotify full-length URLs (open.spotify.com) and spoti.fi URLs are leading to app.adjust.com error page unless Spotify app is installed on the device. Is this a known issue?

I recently shared a spoti.fi link (https://spoti.fi/37kp5i0) to my friend who's not a Spotify user and doesn't have app on his phone. When he tried opening the link, it's leading to an error page as follows.

error pageerror page

Spotify links should open on the browser even though app isn't installed, right? But that's not the case here. Anyone else facing this issue?

13 Replies

Hi @RealSuperman,

Welcome to the Community! Thanks for reaching out about this.

It looks that the link has been shorted and that may be the reason why you're experiencing this behavior. We recommend that you share your music using the official full-length link. You can find instructions on how to reach it on this Support Article.  Could you let us know if you experience the same behavior then? Please make include in your response the link you tried it out with. 

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@Mihail Tried using the full-length URL as you suggested. Unfortunately, it DIDN'T WORK!

Still, it's going to app.adjust.com error page.

Here is the full-length URL of same track: https://open.spotify.com/episode/4AtXJJwD3TzpaFFvoajze2?si=gTAE8aljR42FvZBIzwtksg

Hey there @RealSuperman,

Thank you for your reply. 

We tried this from our end, and it worked fine, so it would be great if you can send us a screen recording of what's happening so we can have a closer look.

Does this occur from one specific device or multiple devices?

Also - can you let us know which version of the app you have?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Sorry about the delay in reply. I have attached the screen-recording.

Does this occur from one specific device or multiple devices?

Yes, I've tested from 2 devices which don't have Spotify app installed (Infinix Smart 2 and Redmi Note 3). And this issue occurs the same.

Also - can you let us know which version of the app you have?

As I clearly mentioned in the original post this issue occurs on Android phones which don't have Spotify app installed.

Hi @RealSuperman,

Thanks for the info and for going though this troubleshooting process with us.

If this issue is occurring on multiple devices, it might be connected to your specific account or network.

Can you try logging in with a different account. If you don't have one, you can create a new free account with another email address.

After that try sending some links to your friends and see whether they can access them

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

Thanks for the reply.

Are you saying Spotify only works when signed in?

Hi again @RealSuperman,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

If you send a link from Spotify to someone who doesn't have an account, they should be able to see the content on the web player, but they won't be able to listen to it unless they log in. They can create an account here.

If they don't see the content, we suggest asking them to try again using a different internet connection.

Cheers - Keep us in the loop!

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

they should be able to see the content on the web player

But that's not the case here. When I open the link from Android, it's leading to app.adjust.com error page rather than the web player! And AFAIK, sign in is only required when it's a music track, right? This is a podcast episode.

Hey @RealSuperman,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

The error you receive with the  spoti.fi link comes up because it directs to the app rather than the web player. Because the app isn't installed the message you receive comes up. This should get resolved if you download the app from the Play Store.

Adding to what, @Eni posted, users have to be logged in in order to be able to play content, not just view it. In this regard there isn't a difference between how the set up for songs and podcasts works.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Mihail Moderator

Hi @RealSuperman, @Mihail,

Been facing the same issue. Links from Twitter, Reddit etc. don’t open as it comes with the app.adjust.com tracker(?), even when I have the app installed.

Workaround/solution is to use a VPN. I’ve VPN’ed to US and the links open fine in Safari on iPhone and subsequently can open on app.

My guess is that the problem is likely of the app.adjust.com domain in India, but that’s just me spitballing.

I am facing the same issue. Everytime I am opening any Spotify link for a song in any instagram ad that is leading me to spotify, I am getting this error. I asked some of my friends to verify this and they also faced the same issue.

@RZTharakan @arijitanand1 Thanks for your input.

I even provided a screen-recording of the issue as the moderators suggested. Yet they don't care to report this to the Spotify team. All they say is "use official links", "you have to be signed in" blah.. blah.. blah!

To moderators: Do users have to be signed in just to load the Spotify webpage? LOL.

Let me explain the issue again: Spotify links, whether it's full-length URLs or spoti.fi URLs, are getting redirected to app.adjust.com error page if accessed from Android unless the Spotify app is installed!

error pageerror page

Here is a similar thread mentioning this URL app.adjust.com: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Can-I-get-rid-of-app-adjust-com-when-following-email-links...

How would links get redirected to app.adjust.com (which in fact an analytics company that's tracking users) without the knowledge of Spotify?

Yeah, I have the same issue here. I shared my track link on instagram bio, it redirects to app.adjust.com and ends the connection there. If this issue is known, SpotifyTeam will fix it ASAP. Something is wrong with the redirection of the link.

EDIT : I tried using the VPN over USA server just now, it works like charm. The problem is with the servers in India. Also requesting Spotify team to bring out Canvas feature for indian users. Thanks

Suggested posts