Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Removed the ability to shuffle play all playlist in a folder?

Solved!

Removed the ability to shuffle play all playlist in a folder?

In the new update for the Android app, it seems they removed the option to play all playlist in a folder, is that true? I used it all the time because I follow a lot of playlist and to be able to listen to them all in shuffle mode where fantastic... 😞 So is it really true or am I missing something?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Just downgraded to version 7.6.0.1219.1678 (one of the latest versions I remember being able to do that) using APK MIRROR, as one suggested, and deactivated the automatic update on play store. So far, so good. Link to all musics inside a folder seems to be working just fine.
Still, it's pretty absurd the fact that Spotify CONTINUES to try to remove existent features. As another mentioned, they really seem to prior the Free Users instead of the Paid Users demands. I've been premium on Spotify for 2 or 3 years now, at least (actually I think it's been around 4), and I'm tired of seeing situations like these... Paid users requesting, at least, ATTENTION, and not getting a single reply from the staff. I've decided to research for the best Spotify alternative, and I'll move my subscription. Spotify has a great database, but it does not compensate this eternal sh*tty customer service.
(This is just a workaround we should not be obligated to find. If you too would like to position yourself against it and take some more attitude, complaining also "directly" with Spotify Staff, you should take a look in this thread https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Bring-Back-quot-Shuffle-All-quot-for-Playlist-Fol...)

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@dejg3, my app won't touch the original playlists. it will just create a new one, or update the selected destination playlist with the tracks of the configuration you've created.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.sandrokl.playlistmerger4spotify

View solution in original post

283 Replies

used to be able to have a button to play the whole folder on android that would shuffle all the songs from the playlists inside the folder this button gone?

Massive step backwards. With the 10k playlist limit this was the work around to shuffle big libraries. Very disappointing.

This was the main reason I kept my premium subscription even with the ridiculous 3.333 download limit that no other service has. Hierarchical folders were a unique Spotify feature and essential to me. My whole library organization depends on that. Please bring it back, you have just killed the only differential Spotify still had.

I agree. This is a game changer that makes me reconsider my premium family subscription. They need to fix ASAP.

WHY do they keep removing good features from their system. So stupid.

And not answering, "Why?"

this is ridiculous. I can't believe they removed this button.

Just discovered this.... I use this feature every day and I REALLY don't want to go through and redo all of my playlists/folders. This sucks.

With a 10,000 saved songs in library as limit, I started adding albums to playlists. One day, on the desktop app, I saw we could create folders, so I created one and realized was (good thing still) possible move all my playlists into one, too. After that, I checked my phone, the folder had this option called 'All songs', you'd tap on it and then would appear 'Shuffle play', which with that you were able to listen/play all the songs from your playlists inside that folder. It was my lifesaver but now that option is gone... Is it coming back soon or it will never be back?

Totally agree. I like to not know what is the next song, shuffling all muy downloaded music. Please, fix ir reconsiderar it or a lot of users are going to think on move to another music servicie...

I'm not liking the fact that this feature was taken away.  When I get in my car, I don't want to take the time to find something to play.  This forces me to do that.

Deal killer.  Please bring this feature back.

It will be a pain, but I'm moving to an older version if this feature isn't restored within a few days.

I have the exact same problem, thinking about to delete my premium account

Same, but the reason I don't do it is because you can still do it on PC. So I can start the playlists from home

I have send an email to the spotify helpdesk it only took me 2 minutes. I think if everyone with the same problem does it there is a bigger chance they bring it back the next update. I will also look if it's possible to downgrade to the previous version.
I'm sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes as english isn't my native language

This seems to be the only solution for now.

I can't understand why such essential features are removed. Hopefully it was only by accident and will be brought back with a next update.

This does seem to be one of the most inconsiderate "updates" that Spotify has forced on its users. I do hope it was made in error otherwise I'll be looking at other providers.

**bleep**! This is bad! Have my whole structure depending on folders. Think they removed it since it was bugged when having nested folders. But instead of fixing that they removed the whole thing. Crappy update for sure! How do I get an older version?

Suggested posts