Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

playing a full album in order on premium trial?

Solved!

playing a full album in order on premium trial?

Am tossing up between spotify and google all access but i can't seem to be able to play an album in full on android app with premium subscription. There only seems to be an option to shuffle songs from an album.

It seems i can make a playlist in the right order but that requires manually queueing each song which is unacceptable for me.

Can someone please tell me i am missing something or else i will be going with google all access.

edit

I am using a galaxy s2 with a custom biftor rom.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello!

Hmmm.. thats weird, if you search for an artists click on the artist name and then click an album on the artists page and then click the first song on the list it should play in order, if you are a premium member. Does it only give you the option to shuffle? But it lets you play your playlists without shuffle?

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

View solution in original post

23 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello!

Hmmm.. thats weird, if you search for an artists click on the artist name and then click an album on the artists page and then click the first song on the list it should play in order, if you are a premium member. Does it only give you the option to shuffle? But it lets you play your playlists without shuffle?

Hope this helped 🙂

Follow me on Twitter

Yeah thanks josh for the help, I spent a bit more time with the interface and worked out how to play the album in order.

Great!

Enjoy the music! 🙂

Hope this helped 🙂

Follow me on Twitter

Hi there, just been reading your message and I have the same issue in that I can not seem to play any albums unless I shuffle play which does seem pointless, you mentioned that you worked out how to play in order with out shuffling or adding to a queue, how did you do it?

Cheers, Joshua

@Joshua_h - Do you have Spotify premium?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes I do, can't play songs from a play list either, also if it helps, I've an iphone 5 with latest software update and latest spotify app update as well. Thanks

@Peter

Just to check. When you see the list of songs on the album are you selecting the first one to play? Ignore the big green shuffle button and just select the first track.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

@mechanimal82 Yes I ignore the the shuffle button and click on the track name, it then comes up with a msg saying can not play this song and that I can play any album cree through shuffle play...

Are you getting the same behaviour on your iPhone? Can you try clearing the cache then logging in again?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hi, I have this same issue on Android 4.4.2. I can't figure out how to play the whole album from my saved playlist. If I click the first song, it plays the first song and then stops. For the love of god, why do you have a building size "Play in shuffle" button, but no option to play the full album in order???

Selecting the first song should play the following tracks without the need for human intervention. The shuffle button is a bit big but it does save having to tap repeatedly to get to the one on the album cover. I'd like to see it on album screens too but smaller would be good.

Anyway back to your problem - the playlist has been made available offline? Does this happen with other playlists streaming or downloaded?

Because it is forcing you to play through shuffle play and not allowing you to play the specific song you are selecting, it sounds as though you do not have a Spotify Premium subscription or something is wrong with your subscription.

Can you verify that you have a subscription by clicking on your profile name/picture in the top-right corner of the desktop app. This will lead you to a menu where you can select Account... which will take you to a page containing your account information on the Spotify website. You can look at a section on this page titled Subscription Status to check on your subscription.

--mmiles19

--mmiles19

Ain't no party like an EDM party cuz' an EDM party don't stop!

Premium users get the shuffle button at the top of playlists. That's not the issue - he's saying that selecting a track from the playlist works except playback stops after the one track. At least, that's my understanding 🙂

I'm pretty sure free users get the Shuffle option as well. At least I did on my Android before I recently upgraded to Premium. It used to be that free users only got radio, but in the last few weeks, free users have been able to Shuffle Play their playlists.

--mmiles19

--mmiles19

Ain't no party like an EDM party cuz' an EDM party don't stop!

Yup, free users get the shuffle button on all screens with track listings. Premium users only get the button on playlists.

Looks like my problem might be Juice defender related after all. I thought I went through all the options, but I got Spotify to move on to the next song by changing the JD settings. It still doesn't work every time, but that might be operator related too. Thanks for the help anyways.

Glad it mostly works now. Do you find JD worthwhile these days? I used to have it on my SGS2 but I find that my newer devices running 4.4 manage pretty well on their own. I just have battery widget reborn which switches my device into a "night mode" automatically.

Well, it's pretty must the case of old habits die hard. I once found out that JD is pretty useful on Adnroid devices and have stuck with it since.

Suggested posts