Free

Country
UK

Device

HD Fire 8th Gen

Operating System

Fire OS

My Question or Issue
Watching the screen I can see play toggle to pause but instantly toggle back to play.
How do you get spotify to stop playing via the tablet as if I unmute the Mic on my echo that bluetooth is playing and say 'stop playing' it will stop.
Confused why if echo muted and do the sae it toggles back to continue playing after saying the same?

3 Replies

Hi @stuartiannaylor,

Thank you for sharing your post on the Community!

We've understood that you're controlling your music from a tablet through Bluetooth, but when you try to pause the music it doesn't stop and it keeps playing instead. Is that correct?

If it is, then we suggest you start by running a clean reinstall of the app on your tablet, as this one is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If the issue persists, please try connecting a different device to your Echo and let us know if the same happens.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Its a 8th Gen HD Fire 8 on its second clean factory reset.
On screen controls stop and start but via Alexa unable to stop

Hey @stuartiannaylor,

Thanks for your response and this info.

It's cool that you've done some troubleshooting on your Amazon tablet device already. Could you confirm that the issue persists after you've also done the clean reinstall, suggested by @MafeG above? This reinstall of the Spotify app is more thorough one and is recommended for preventing any possible cache-related issues that may occur between the app and your device.

Also we believe that it's worthwhile checking out our FAQ article, about using Spotify with Alexa, as you might find insights and more useful info inside.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts