Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Connecting to Spotify" notification won't go away. Why?

Solved!

"Connecting to Spotify" notification won't go away. Why?

The past week or so ive started getting a "connecting to Spotify" notification seemingly at random that will absolutely not go away. It appears when I'm not even using the app and it's not even running in the background. All my notifications for everything are set to off, the only way I can clear it is to block app notifications from my android settings which is not practical as this means I can't use the notification tray player widget. I can't express how annoying it is to have this constant notification in my tray, im on the verge of just cancelling Spotify and signing up for Deezer, but I'd really rather not do that if anyone can tell me how to fix this. Many thanks. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Uk 

Device

(Oukitel k8000)

Operating System

(Android)

My Question or Issue

Screenshot_20181123-165226.png
21 Replies

Doing this got rid of my "connecting to spotify" notification. If you've still got this issue, I suggest trying to turn off external applications. Settings > apps > spotify > notifications then switch off external applications.

Screenshot_20190321-173405_Settings.jpg

Hi

Not sure if you have solved this issue. On my case I've been trying to make Spotify work with Waze and Google Maps. On these driving apps you can control music directly without need to jump between.

But for some reason Waze is not working.

At same time when expanding Spotify Connections notification, there's text "Waze is connected".

So you may find setting about this on Spotify. Disable or enable it.

On my phone Waze connection does not work since almost a year ago. But Google Maps does it well.

I hope this gives you some ideas to try.

Regards, Toblery

Suggested posts