Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Couldn't load lyrics for this song" but it worked previously - USA

"Couldn't load lyrics for this song" but it worked previously - USA

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Note 10 plus

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Hi, lyrics have been working perfectly well on the android app until 4 days ago, but now the android app just shows "couldn't load lyrics" on the same song that displayed lyrics before. I tried then desktop and web apps, and created a new account and still nothing -- the option is gone altogether from the desktop and web apps. Then changed computers/phones and it's the same story -- the option to play lyrics either doesn't work or disappeared from the UI completely. I use this everyday and was going to go premium because of this feature. Could you guys look into this please? Would be pretty awesome.

19 Replies

I have the same problem since yesterday

I have the exact same issue since 5 days ago.

Same issue here. Was working fine not long ago. Nothing this morning. Dead! 

Still doesn't work. I switched to Apple Music but I'd like to come back to Spotify. Spotify reps, any updates on this? 

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

Can you let us know if you're on offline mode or not?

We also suggest that you head over to this article and follow the steps that's provided in it.

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

##- Hi. Thanks for checking in. I already checked it, and I'm NOT in offline mode. Also for the songs with it, the Behind the Lyrics feature DOES shows, the Lyrics do not -##

Get Outlook for Android

Hi folks,

Thanks for the replies.

Could you share the link/ URI to a song on which the lyrics don't work for you.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi folks,

Thank you for your replies. 

We've checked this backstage and can confirm that this is something Spotify might be testing. Spotify often tests improvements and new features for its content, this means you might see a feature temporarily and have it disappear for a while. You can read more about it here.

If you have any other questions, feel free to share them with us.

MafeGModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

So far this feature has not returned.

A near month old issue? This should have been fixed long ago. New features or not, you shouldn't be breaking them.

As a paid user we are faced with issues from features that should function and aren't. Basic features.

Spotify has had lyric issues back and forth for years. I don't get it. 

"Lyrics won’t work with Spotify Connect."

This was the answer for me 😞

Same problem here💀my pc said "you can guess this song's lyrics" like bro what💀💀💀

Spotify I'm really offended by this problem, it's more than a month and I'm just waiting for this glitch to get done by you. It's really annoying for daily users and when I tried to log in my second account lyrics are perfectly showing but it's not showing on my main account. Kindly try to solve this big as soon as possible it's disturbing. Thank you.

for the past 4-8 days now, I’ve been listening to music on Spotify and it says “couldn’t load lyrics to this song” or something beyond the lines of that , and on the Home Screen it says “Something went wrong. Have another go?” And then an option that says reload but every time I click on it the same thing pops up.

me too

Hey there folks,

We've noticed that this thread is getting increased views and we have a new one explaining the situation here.

If you have any input regarding this - feel free to share it in the new thread.

Hope you'll find this useful. Take care 🙂 

LyubkaModerator

The songs are said to have lyrics but it states that the lyrics can't load right now and I just don't know why

Suggested posts