Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Liked Songs" playlist won't play

"Liked Songs" playlist won't play

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Pixel 4 xl

Operating System

Android 11 beta

My Question or Issue

As the title says, my "liked songs" list isn't playing. All other playlists are working normally. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app already. I also uninstall the app, restarted my device, and then reinstalled the app. The songs on the list won't play when they're clicked individually, or if I hit "shuffle play"

55 Replies

Hi,

already chatted with the support, they said it is a bug of the app. You have to leave the beta and install the official version.

Hi @flox44 and @Qtip1991,

Just jumping in here to suggest you make sure you're on the latest beta version, which is 8.5.70.868, and check if this is still happening.

Let us know how you get on. We'll be here in case you have further questions!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have version 8.5.83.1075, and my "liked" songs won't play if I scroll to one of the songs in the middle of the list.  What can I do?

Hey @HNishida01,

Thank you for your post in this thread. We're happy to help 🙂

In this case we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall to make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Also - can you try with another internet connection to see if the issue persist?

Does this occur on one specific device or multiple devices?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Yes, it came back on it's own, without me having to do the clean reinstall.
Weird.

Thanks

Hey again @HNishida01,

Good to hear that everything works as it should for you again 🙂

We're always one reply away if you need us.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I've been experiencing this issue off and on for months now. I'll perform a clean reinstall, it works for a little while, and then I'm right back to where I started.  Extremely frustrating.clean reinstall, it works for a little while, and then I'm right back to where I started.  Extremely frustrating.

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Galaxy S9

Operating System

Android 10

Hey there @0010010,

Thanks for your post.

Have you tried switching off Battery Optimization for Spotify and granting the app all Permissions?

Let us know if that helped.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello,

Yes, I have tried both of these solutions. No change. Other play lists will
connect to the speaker, or even group of speakers, but the Liked Songs
playlist will not connect. However, it does connect and play on other
Bluetooth devices (like headphones).

Hey there @0010010

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Would you mind letting us know what exactly happens when you're trying to listen to your Liked songs on your speakers? 

Additionally, just to confirm, is this only happening with Bluetooth or with the Connect feature as well? Also, does your Liked songs play correctly when you're streaming directly on your device?

Lastly, we'd recommend checking if the firmware of your speakers has any pending updates. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

When I try to play anything from my Liked Somgs list nothing happens. The
speaker just doesn't recognize I've made any attempt to play music. But it
will play any other play list I select - whether I tell it by voice command
or physically use my phone as a remote. But saying "Hey Google, play Liked
Songs" or selecting the Liked Songs playlist and selecting the speaker does
nothing, it will not play my liked songs on my Google mini.

I've never heard of the Connect feature before, but when I click on the
link in you previous message and follow the pages to get to Nest mini, I
get a page that never loads. Just flashes the Spotify logo over and over

My Liked songs playlist does play correctly when you're streaming directly
on my device or when using my Bluetooth headphones.

All of my speakers are updated and do not have any pending updates. These
are automatic.

Hi @0010010,

Thanks for keeping in touch and for the extra info.

In this case, we suggest to use the commands "Play my songs" or ''Play my library'' instead of ''Play Liked songs''.

You can take a look at this article about Spotify voice commands on Google devices for more info.

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind logging in to your account on a different device to check if that makes the difference?

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I have exactly the same problem. I try to play my liked songs playlist and use Spotify connect to play through my bose speaker. It doesn’t connect if I’m playing through liked songs but it does with every other playlist! Very frustrating!

Hey there @P90Alan,

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

Just to make sure, have you already tried the suggested steps in this thread?

Also, we'd like to know if this has always happened or if it started happening after a specific event such as an update.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator

It’s been happening for me for over a year now, so I just use Bluetooth now. It happens on any device I try to use spotify connect on. Tried updating, everything is up to date, doesn’t matter about voice commands because my bose speaker doesn’t have that feature. It seems to be an issue only when playing liked songs on a device using Spotify connect, every other playlist works fine with it

Hi @P90Alan,

Thank you for your reply.

Since this is happening only when using the Connect feature, could you try switching to a different internet network to see if there's a change? 

Also, please send us the make, model, operative system and Spotify version you're running. 

Keep us posted. 

MafeGModerator

It’s nothing to do with my internet connection. All other playlists play absolutely fine through Spotify Connect, just “liked songs” that doesn’t play at all.

The liked songs playlist will play via Bluetooth and through my iPhone not connected to anything.

I am using an iPhone SE and the spotify version is 8.6.56.1456. All my devices and speakers are up to date and the same issue occurs on my laptop whilst trying to use Spotify connect. Seems to be an issue using Spotify connect on the liked songs playlist as I can see a lot of other people experiencing the same problem. It’s not our devices, it’s to do with Spotify itself, and it’s very frustrating. I will consider using another service if this isn’t fixed soon.

Hey @P90Alan,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you try connecting both your phone and speaker to a mobile hotspot and check if Liked songs play? This will help us understand if the issue has anything to do with your network at all.

If that doesn't do the trick, let us know how many liked songs you have on your account. 

Cheers.

AlexModerator

I’ve tried connecting to my personal hotspot. Still no joy. I have 16,411 songs on my liked songs playlist.

Suggested posts