Premium

Country

United States

Device

Pixel 4 xl

Operating System

Android 11 beta

My Question or Issue

As the title says, my "liked songs" list isn't playing. All other playlists are working normally. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app already. I also uninstall the app, restarted my device, and then reinstalled the app. The songs on the list won't play when they're clicked individually, or if I hit "shuffle play"

55 Replies

So you guys built an app that incompatible with a majority of devices and blame all the devices instead of poor coding on your part? Typical. 

This is not a reasonable solution to the issue.  This is a software design problem that you're describing, not a necessary limitation of user hardware. For most people, your "workaround" won't be practical. 

Why, you ask? I seriously shouldn't have to explain any of this to you guys, and yet the "solutions" offered here make it seem like you don't know how people use your app. So...

I would guess that a large number of people on *any* streaming music service depend a lot on their "liked" (favorited/whatever) songs to organize their listening. Obviously, those liked songs add up, and if you can't cast that large playlist, then the app becomes a lot less useful for a lot of people. For those people, your app will only work for the short while it takes for their liked songs to be too numerous to be cast. That sounds like a real bug to me...

I'm with the person who doubts that anyone serious at Spotify actually reads this.    

I've been having an Issue playing my liked playlist both with or without speakers or bluetooth, I've tried the "clean reinstall" but it still didn't work. I have an Android and I have the 8.7.48.1062 version of Spotify. Do you have any tips? Edit: All good now! It's working perfectly! Very happy they've fixed it!

Hi, 

I also have the same problem where I can't play my liked songs playlist on my phone (Android-Samsung). When I try to access my liked song playlist, it leads me to a black page. However, all other playlists do work. I tried deleting the app and re-downloading it from my phone's setting and from Google play, but nothing has worked. I also tried the clean reinstall as suggested in the comments, but it didn't work. (the delete, restart phone and reinstall process)

Is there any other solutions that may help me solve this issue?

Plan: Free Account

Device: Android - Samsung Fe s20

Operating system: Android 10 

So, I can't even see my liked songs I have followed many options including clearing cache, different internet, reinstall, and restarting my device and still my liked songs playslist won't respond in any way is there any suggestions for this issue? Thank you for your help

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

We're investigating issues with the Liked Songs not showing on mobile devices in this thread. For the time being, we advise you to wait at least 60 seconds for the songs to show and if they don't, post your device specific information in the linked thread. There we'll be sharing the most recent developments on the matter. Don't forget to leave a vote.

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Cheers. Hoping you can help me.  So, the problem I'm having with the Liked songs not playing is Not from the app. But from Your Website direct.   I don't use the app on my PC.  How do we fix that? 

Hi @JaehDaycon2u!

Does the issue persist when you log in to a different browser? If possible, try logging in to a friend's or a relative's account on your device to see if their Liked Songs are unplayable as well?

In any case, a short screen recording which shows the app's behavior would be greatly appreciated. That way we can get a clear understanding of what's happening on your end. Feel free to also let us know the version of your device's operating system.

Keep us posted. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

So do I, my devices don't even acknowledge that I've pressed play on 'Liked Songs' and usually it says the songs are unavailable.

Experiencing same issue. Have read through all the previous replies. How has this not been fixed by now??

FWIW, I started removing some of the songs that were grayed out in my 10K+ ones and it started to work again: I can now play my Like Songs playlist.

I don't know if it was just the fact of editing an old part of the playlist, or if removing one of those helped.

Definitively a bug. Spotify may want to raise the amount of (Unit|Functional|UI) Testing they're doing to cover more scenarios.

Good luck everyone!

This issue of not being able to play our liked songs is not the consumers problem. It is a spotify problem. Numerious different people over 3 years have experienced this without any results. I have premium and can only play my liked songs on wifi or data. Without it I can only play my playlists. I am paying for full service but am only getting half.

Hi! I have done all of the steps on this thread still to no avail. I have 2 computers and my liked songs playlist won't play in any of them, only on my iPhone. I have tried on other people's computers and still the same has happened. When I click the play button on computer with or without shuffle, no action occurs. If I try to play a specific song from the liked songs playlist, no action occurs either. This has been an ongoing issue for me for some good months now, though in the past some action would occur when i clicked the play button. It would take a really long time to load the songs but eventually they would play, now it just doesnt play at all on PC. What can I do and why does this keep happening even with updates? 

Hi there

I'm currently having this issue!

No song in my spotify liked playlist will play, this is both on phone and desktop.

I have reinstalled the app, logged out of all devices, cleared the caphe but nothing seems to work.

It will play 1 song but there is nothing else in the queue but that song only!!

PLEASE HELP

No other service I've ever used has been unable to shuffle or play due to too many songs in a playlist or in total. I sometimes just want to hit shuffle and not have to  decide what I want to hear when doing certain tasks. Is there no way of this ever being fixed? 

Exactly! I have my Spotify setup to download my "Liked" songs on my mobile device so I can shuffle them when I have no service.  NOPE.  Don't work.  It shows the check mark in the app showing it's downloaded.  If you don't have service, you can't just play your music.  Even when I do have service, and go through a dead spot, my music will buffer when it shouldn't.  

Suggested posts