Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Google Pixel 3 XL

Operating System

Android 9.0 "Pie"

My Question or Issue

Standard wired earbuds often come with a button to control audio on the device. Single-click for pause/play, double-click for "next track" and triple-click for "previous track." On spotify, only the single-click pause/play is recognized by the app, and attempting to double/triple click will just make it pause/play repeatedly, rather than change the track. Other apps on the device such as YouTube and Google Play Music are able to perform the action correctly. Problem occurs no matter what brand of earbud connected to device. 

App version 8.4.97.807

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

UPDATE: As of version 8.5.2.759 the issue appears to be resolved on my device. Thank you.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hello @sodap0p53 ,

Thanks for reaching out to the community!

Why don't you try logging out and back into Spotify? If that doesn't work, try reinstalling it and rebooting your phone.

Keep me updated!

🙂

Apologies for the late response, and thank you for taking interest in my issue.

Attempted login/off, re-installing the app, and still experiencing the issue. I'm open to test more potential solutions on my end, although personally I believe at this stage that the issue can only be resolved if it's handed off to the development team for them to investigate it as a bug.

Thanks again,

Marked as solution

UPDATE: As of version 8.5.2.759 the issue appears to be resolved on my device. Thank you.

Suggested posts