Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"No Network Connection Available" message in WiFi connected phone

"No Network Connection Available" message in WiFi connected phone

My android phone (Samsung M02) has spotify premium account.  Recently I noticed that spotify freezes and doesn't play songs. My phone is connected to wifi but still I have to wait for sometime tillmusic plays. I also tried reinstalling app but no luck. I also cleared my spotify app cache data but still no luck. I've noticed that if i restart my phone or close all the apps, then music plays. Even when my phoneis connected to strong WiFi the message it throws is "No internet connection " (see the screenshot attached)

Plan - premium 

Country - india

Operating System

Android 10 (Samsung M02)

My Question or Issue

Screenshot_20210506-154845_Spotify.jpg
34 Replies

Hey @Chetanwalawalka,

Thanks for your post.

Can you check if Battery Optimization/ Energy saver is turned off for Spotify from your phone's app settings? Also, make sure the app is granted all Permissions in the settings.

Keep us posted if this makes a difference.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex, 

Thank you for the prompt response. I have tried to set my app settings to the ones suggested by you and will let you know how it works in the next few days. However, in the meantime I am streaming music on Spotify Lite and it is amazingly fast on the same mobile phone.

Also, I noticed this slowness/app not playing music/refreshing the screen and showing "Cannot find Network" in spite of being connected to WiFi (broadband) of 50mbps speed recently, especially when you guys launched the update for new/enhanced Library. So not sure if any other Android v10 users are experiencing the same or if your team has seen such issues after the library update.

Please take care and stay safe.

Chetan

Hey @Chetanwalawalka,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Regarding the network issue - check the Spotify app permissions. If some of the options are turned off, this might be affecting your connectivity.

Another cause might be the use of a VPN.

Let us know if you get the error message only on this WiFi network.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Hi Alex
Somehow, I am still struggling to use Spotify smoothly after making the above mentioned suggestions to app settings. Will be attaching a video below wherein you can see it takes lot of time to get to even play music or see the settings option menu.

@Alex  I am unable to attach the video as file size exceeds 5 MB. So is there any other way wherein users can share the screen/video which shows as to how the app is behaving.

For sometime now, I have uninstalled Spotify from my Smasung Galaxy M02 phone and will be using it on my spare phone (Motorola One Power) for sometime to see if this issue happens there as well.

Regards,

Chetan

Hey @Chetanwalawalka,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you upload the video to a streaming service such as YouTube or a file hosting website and share the link with us? Once we take a closer look at what you see at you're end we'll happily help you out further.

Keep us posted. We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator

Hi Mihail,

Thanks for prompt response and pointing me to YouTube as solution (I never thought of it in first place)

Here is the link to my video - https://youtu.be/ZIWVt2ea6jE named "CW Spotify Network Issue 14052021"

This is a 1:04 min long video and I would like to highlight the following time stamps

0.10 min - See the full network connectivity (WiFi - I have a broadband connection)

0.15 min - Album art no displayed

0.25 min - the green circle (buffering) for sometime yet can't see any library items

0.36 min - Can't even see Settings options

This hanged up screen/app goes on for over 2-3 min and even after that I am unable to play music.

I can even share another video showing how fast/quickly YouTube music works on the same phone.

Thanks for your help in advance. Let me know should you need any additional information.

Chetan

Hey @Chetanwalawalka,

Thanks for getting back to us with the video.

It would seem that something in the specific setup on that device is causing the app to malfunction. Could you check if there are any updates available for your OS? It's also a good idea to make sure to have some free storage available on the device for caching purposes.

If you are using an SD card, we recommend that you remove it, clean reinstall Spotify once more and then try again running the app without the SD card.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator

Sure Mihail - will give it a try using the recommended steps like removing SD card and doing a clean reinstall. As with regards to space my phone has ~15 GB space left.
Not sure if the 3 GB RAM on my Samsung phone can be one of the cause for the app to behave this way as my Motorola phone has 4 GB RAM. Any idea of RAM size for good functioning of Spotify?
Surprisingly, on the same Samsung 3 GB RAM phone, Spotify Lite runs very well and I don't face any issues.
Will defintely keep you posted here.

Hi Mihail,

So I did try the removal of SD card and doing a clean reinstall but that ain't helping. Also my software is up to date and I do have memory for cache.

Is there any other workaround?

Also, I am facing this issue since the roll out of new library feature that came with latest update. Are any other Android users facing similar issues recently?

Chetan

Hey @Chetanwalawalka,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

As we haven’t seen any similar posts about this recently and the app doesn't face any issues with the same account on your Motorola, we feel this is most likely isolated to your device or specific setup.

At this point, we would recommend performing a factory reset on the Samsung phone .We recommend contacting the device manufacturer if you need further help with this.

Keep us posted. We’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator

I have this probelm too.  My library does not load, and if I go to the "Home" page and start to open one of my lists from there, the loading symbol shows, but it just hangs there, nothing happens. 

I have reinstalled several times, and the first time I start up, everything seems fine, but once I have downoaded a list, it starts messing up.  I can not even open the settings in the app. 

I use my phone to connect it with my car and a Bose-speaker.  I have never experienced this problem before, it started with the update of the app.

Hey @manhimself,

Can you try to Log out Everywhere and after that log back in only on your phone.

If that doesn't help, try clearing all app cache and data and reinstall again. You can follow the instructions here

Also, make sure that Battery optimization is not turned on for Spotify and that there are no performance enhancing apps active.

Let us know if the issue persists.

AlexModerator

I concur with you here, been seeing this issue post the update for library that was rolled in early May. After doing clean reinstall it works fine for sometime but as soon as you stop music playback, switch to other app where media is playing or even answer a call then Spotify hangs and keeps buffering endlessly. 

Exactly my experience for the past two weeks.  I have reinstalled several times, and the same thing happens every time, just as you discribe.

This time I have followed the instructions from the Spotify Team word by word.  Only thing I have dne differently from previous times, is that I have logged off my account on the PC too, and I have left the Phone turned off for a few minutes.  So, no I am downloading 4 of my created lists, and then we will see what happens the coming days.

Spotify is actually so important to me, that if this does not work, or Spotify can solve the problem, I will by me a new phone, only for Spotify.  I still hope I do not have to spend several hundred euros on this, but if the problem is not solve, I will make the investment.  As an extreme used 1/ooo, I just have to get this working.  Going back to CDs/MP3s is not a very good option, it makes my heart trip and my head hurt.

Hey folks,

Thanks for the feedback.

Could you send us the following info as well:

• Device model, exact OS version
  • Spotify version
  • Is this happening only with downloaded playlists or any content in general

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Spotify Version:8.6.28.700
Huawei P20 Lite ANE LX-1
4GB Ram
64 GB Disc(31 GB Free after Spotify-lists download)
I only use downloaded lists on my phone, and at the moment everything works fine.
As mentioned, I will come back with an update when I have used it a few days more, or until it hangs up again.

Hi Alex, Below are my details

Spotify version 8.6.26.897

Phone - Samsung Galaxy M02

Android - v10

RAM - 3GB

Memory - 32 GB (I have the spotify issue even when I have ~16 GB free memory)

Also, I do not have any dowloaded list on this phone yet the issue persists.

Since I have another spare phone (Motorola OnePower 4GB RAM, 64 GB memeory, Android v10) I have reset it to factory mode (as I am about to sell it off) and using Spotify there currently without any issues. So my issue is not that painful, but would love to use just one phone for all my personal and business work.

But, even when the Motorola phone was an active one (which I used for all my personal and business apps), the same issue started back in early May.

Let me know should you need any other information.

There we go, now it crashed again. I am stuck with a spinning wheel and nothing loads. There is also the notification on bottom of screen. "No available internetconnection". Well, that is not true, so it must be the Spotify software messing up here.

I can not even open the settings, as it has been every time Spotify gets stuck on loading.

Also, note that I have never had a problem with Spotify in the 15 years I have used it. Why now?

Suggested posts