Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"No Network Connection Available" message in WiFi connected phone

"No Network Connection Available" message in WiFi connected phone

My android phone (Samsung M02) has spotify premium account.  Recently I noticed that spotify freezes and doesn't play songs. My phone is connected to wifi but still I have to wait for sometime tillmusic plays. I also tried reinstalling app but no luck. I also cleared my spotify app cache data but still no luck. I've noticed that if i restart my phone or close all the apps, then music plays. Even when my phoneis connected to strong WiFi the message it throws is "No internet connection " (see the screenshot attached)

Plan - premium 

Country - india

Operating System

Android 10 (Samsung M02)

My Question or Issue

Screenshot_20210506-154845_Spotify.jpg
34 Replies

Here is the link to the issue happening on my Samsung Galaxy M02 phone
https://youtu.be/nRlMhQmFBnA

Looks exactly as it does for me. The weirdest thing is that it does not even load the list of 4 selfmade and downlaoded offline lists. Nothing loads, nothing at all...not even the settings will load.

Hey folks,

Thanks for keeping in touch and for the extra info.

Can you confirm if this also happens with any other Internet connection, like another WiFi network or mobile data?

Additionally, could you log in to a different account, like a friend's or relative's, on the affected devices and let us know how it goes? This will help us determine if this is rather account-related.

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi Carlos,

Sure I will have to test some other account logging on to my phone and will let you know the results. 

The key pain points for me are these

1. Spotify Lite works smoothly on the phone where Spotify (main app) does not work

2. Even if there is no network or my phone is on airplane mode, neither the app does not show offline/downloaded music nor does it let me go to settings to put my app on offline mode (by which I can at least access offline/downloaded albums, playlists)

Also to respond to your other part of question - yes for me the issue happnes on both WiFi and Mobile Data

Hi,

Though I did not try logging into someone else's Spotify account on my Samsung Galaxy M02phone, I did a capture of how Spotify behaves on my Motorola One Power phone (4 GB RAM and 64 GB memory) and where Spotify is the only app installed. Same issue is reported wherein I see "No Network Connection Available" even in a stong WiFi and data plan. Here is the link to that video. Though on this phone after 2-3 mins, I am able to stream music but have never seen such issue before.

https://youtu.be/9AbmR3kiEGw

Over the past two days I have experimented a bit to try to find a solution.  This happened.

Friday: I disconnected Spotify on my computer before I left home.  Spotify worked excellently on my phone with no problems all the rest of the day.

Saturday: I left Spotify connected on my PC when I left home.  Had half an hour drive to visit someone, and everything seemed fine.  The three hours later, I took a another drive.  Spotify crashed, with the message "No internet connection".  I know that is not right, as I have connection on all other apps.  So, I went home, and disconnected Spotify on my PC, and then after about a second, Spotify loaded as it should on my phone.

Sunday: I have been at home all morning.  Spotify did not load as it should.  Opened Spotify on my PC, disconnected, and logged on again.  Restarted the phone, relogged on my phone, and Spotify started as it should.

So my conclusion is that this must be something related to authentication.  Anyway, it seems very unpredictable and erratic.  So until I get conformation that the problem is found and solved, I guess I will just have to log off Spotify every time I leave home.  That is the only solution that seems to work for me right now.

I hope a solution will be found soon, as it is kind of bothersome to relog several times a day.

I also experienced something else yesterday that make me think that it might not be authentication problems after all.  I used Spotify for the first two hours on my shift last night, all was well.  Then I had a break, and left Spotify idle for about 20 minutes.  When I returned, it was frozen again.  Nothing worked and I had to restart my phone, restart Spotify, and after a few second it worked again.

I should also add that I only use my downloaded lists, so the freezing makes no sense at all to me.  It never happened with the old version of the software.

Hey folks,

Thanks for the replies and the detailed info you've provided.

Could you let us know if this happens when you're logged in with another account as well? Since we weren't able to reproduce this on our end it might be account related.

Also, when the app displays the no-connection error message, wait a few minutes without closing the app and check if it work after that.

@manhimself, can you tell us if this is happening when you're in Online mode as well, playing music from playlists which are not downloaded or is it exclusively in Offline mode.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I think I might have found and solved the problem!  I MIGHT have. I have set the phone to be forced offline in the Spotify App, but as I have always been able to download to Spotify at home to update my offline playlists, I though everything was allright, and that I actually was online when I needed to.

Then I ticked off the "Uten nettilgang" as it is confusingly called in norwegian.  Then I got the message "It is 29 days left until you have to reconnect".  If this have solved my problem, I will be delighted and gutted at the same time.

You should definitely add a message that pops up when we should connect, something like"You need to connect/tick on "Uten nettilgang" before you can use Spotify offline again.  When the software just freezes with no informative message at all, it is just confusing.

Another note is that the norwegian version of the interface is incredibly confusing.  I simply do not understand what many of the things in options means.  To me, the translation from english to norwegian is very confusing, I did not understand that the new "Uten nettilgang" is the same functionality as "Connect" used to be.  You should make it possible for people to pick the interface language they want. 

I must also say, I wonder why the authentication is not handled when I have the phone connected to my wi-fi. 

It will now be very interresting to see if everything starts working as normal.

On second thought, this might not be the deal here anyway, as I after some hazzle have made everything work offline after all.  Well well, time will show.  Going to work now, it will be an interresting day/night. 😉

Hey @manhimself,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop 🙂

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding the translation as we always strive to improve our app and the experience with it.

Glad to hear that the app is working as expected. In case the issue occurs again, let us know.

If you have a specific suggestion about the authentication, you can check our Idea Exchange Guidelines in case you want to submit your idea.

We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator

Hi Spotify team,

Been facing the same issue on my new phone

Plan - Premium

Country - India

Mobile device - Google Pixel 4a

Androdid version - 13

Spotify version - 8.7.76.359

Issue - Spotify app displays message "No internet connection available" when my phone is connected to WiFi and all other apps on the phone are working good (see screenshot 1). I am able to play music, however I am unable to veiw details like View Album, View Artist, Go To Song Radio and Show Credits when I click on the top right three dot option on the song/album UI (see screenshot 2)

Spotify - No Internet Conncetion - Screenshot 1.png
Spotify - No Internet Connection - Screenshot 2.png

Hey @Chetanwalawalka,

Thanks for your reply and for all the info shared.

In this case, we suggest you start off with a clean reinstall of the app on your smartphone. By doing that the app can be up-to-date and you can make sure the cache is not leading to this inconvenience. You can find out the steps for doing it here.

If that doesn't do the trick, we'd like to gather as much info as possible. Is this happening if you change the internet connection you're using? is this happening over 3G/4G as well? Give it a try and let us know if changing the connection makes any difference.

Lastly, would you mind checking if it happens the same if you open a different account on the affected device? You can ask a relative or a friend to open their account on your computer and check. This'll help us investigate further and check if this could be account-related.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Hi @AlejaR,

Thank you for following up.

I had previously faced similar issue in 2020 when I had opened this thread and that time I was using Samsung phone however this time I am facing same issue on my Google Pixel 4a phone. Hence with prior feedback and your suggested comments I have done following steps so far

1. I have done clean re-install on this phone but still facing same issue.

2. I have noticed that whenever I connect my phone to my home WiFi I get the "No Internent Connection Available" message and face the issues I have mentioned above. My home WiFi got recently upgraded from 4g to 5g, however I still have the option to use either 4g of 5g WiFi connection and I am facing the issue on both as of now.

3. If I turn off my WiFi and use mobile data then I no longer see that message and app runs very smoothly as it should

4. One more step I did today is that I used my other phone and used it as HotSpot to connect my Pixel 4a phone using WiFi option. To my surprise this time I did not face this issue and app was running smoothly as it should

5. I do not have other Spotify profile with/within my family so I am not able to test the step you had mentioned

Please let me know if you need any additional information on this.

Have a great weekend.

Chetan

Hi there @Chetanwalawalka,

Thanks for the post.

From your tests, it sounds like there might be an issue with signal from your home router, since it was recently updated and since your phone was able to connect to internet via the hotspot. 

I'd suggest restarting your home router. If that doesn't help, the best thing to do is to contact your ISP about this, as there could be some network settings messing up the connection between your router and your phone. Sometimes this could be caused by a Firewall or some blocked networking ports.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts