Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"No internet connection available" - Android

"No internet connection available" - Android

hey.

seems like this is a never ending problem..i switched to premium a couple months ago (first three for basically trial) and recently spotify stopped working. whenever i turn it on, it tells me that "no inernet connection is available" and "please connect to the internet" when obviously i am connected. not even the music saved for offline use is working.

i've tried the good old restart of the phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, got rid of my skype (read that somehow worked for some...-not for me), made sure my system and other apps were up to date, the APN is on the "internet-connection"...i don't want to log in through facebook, even if that has solved the problem for others...there must be another way!?

any other ideas? or how can i contact spotify directly? i am going mad. paying for nothing at the moment.

thanks a lot! 

5 Replies

In the Spotify app settings do you have 'offline' enabled?

Also is this the same for both WiFi & Mobile network?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

The offline mode is not turned on with spotify..so i should be able to go online when it comes to that.
and i don't have mobile data turned on at the moment because i am not in my country. so unfortunately i don' know how spotify reacts..i read that being abroad shouldn't effect my connection as a premium user tho...

I assume you are making sure you're on a Wi-Fi network, otherwise you will get a connection error message.

Android Troubleshooting:

hey. yes for sure. i am connected and everything else on my phone works

Can you try another WiFi network? It may be that the specific service/Ports on the router you are connecting to are set top block Spotify type connections.

Android Troubleshooting:

Suggested posts