"SHUFFLE" and "REPEAT ALL" resets when selecting new song

Plan

Premium

Device

Samsung Galaxy 8

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Hey everyone!  I have noticed for the past 2 or 3 weeks that whenever I select a new song on a playlist, "shuffle and repeat all" turns off/resets.  This not only happens on my Samsung Galaxy S8, but also on my Samsung Tablet.  I am getting tired of selecting "shuffle and repeat all" every time I want to play a new song.  I have tried deleting the data/cache, deleting and re-downloading the app, etc., but nothing seems to work.   I have even contacted spotify twice regarding this issue and nothing has been resolved.  The first time I contacted them they said to remove an SD card, if I have one (which I don't), and see if that resolves the issue.  Further, the second time I contacted them they said that the issue I have had with "shuffle and repeat all" is a default function and has always been that way.  I swear I am not losing my mind, and that this is an issue on Spotify's end and not mine.  I loved having the "shuffle and repeat all" features staying on all of the time, even when selecting a different song.  Now it's becoming a nuisance and I'm considering canceling my subscription.  If anyone else has this issue, please respond 🙂

6 Replies

This is my problem too.. I hope someone from the spotify community/team solves this bug. Keep this thread/post up until the spotify team notices us. 

UP! !

-TarasaSouthMNL

Yep same here, very frustrating when you have to manually turn them both on after every time you play a song.  It seems like it's only an issue in Playlists...it's fine in my Albums.  I'm on a OnePlus 3t

I'm having this same issue and I thought it was just me but I'm seeing tons of posts about it now. I really hope they fix it soon because it's really annoying.

I'm having the same issue as well! It seems that when I set the playlist to shuffle and/or repeat it works until I open the app again. I.e. I set it to shuffle, turns off the screen, the music shuffle until I open the app again. Then it's shuffle and repeat is turned off again. 

I dont think its a bug or anything, probably listed as improvement or new feature. They just wanna lose their premium users. YARR

This "feature" is definitely not an improvement....it makes everything worse.  I'm curious if it just happening to android users and not apple users.  I haven't seen  any complaints from Apple users, so I don't think they are having issues.

Suggested posts