Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Silent" playing of songs

Solved!

"Silent" playing of songs

I am using Spotify on my Android for what I have always used it for, and for what it was originally intended.

That ones makes playlists, downloads them then plays them once downloaded.

Although the playlist is now all on the device, Spotify in the last year or so has made a big issue out of actually just playing it.

Now it starts playing songs "silently", i.e. they are playing but no sound is coming out.

About a week ago, I had to clear all my data as Spotify refused to download or play some songs that were on my playlist, and the problem has been happening regularly since then.

Yesterday I tried reinstalling the entire app. Albeit I then had to delete the whole cache again when your app decided to save in "normal" rather than "extreme" quality, and I didn't reinstall the app again after that.

But it hasn't fixed the problem.

I went into offline mode yesterday thinking that might fix it but to no avail.

By the way, a bit of advice. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Or rather don't break it. Spotify worked fine before you introduced this "connect" nonsense and has never really worked properly since. That is because, when I am listening to a downloaded playlist, or have paused after doing so, there is no need for you to be getting any network feedback at all. Pretty much treat the player like I'm in offline mode...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

have you tried turning on the crossfade function? It has solved this "silent issue" for several Android users.
BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi,

have you tried turning on the crossfade function? It has solved this "silent issue" for several Android users.
BittencourtSpotify Star

I have just switched this from Off to 1 second and will see if it works.

It is of course a workaround and Spotify should fix the bug

We hope they fix this.
Let me know if it works for you though.
BittencourtSpotify Star

It is working for me. I haven't had a silent song yet since I changed that setting.

It just re-occurred, even though I have the cross-fade "workaround" still on.

I'm having this issue too, even after trying all the steps in this thread and the iOS app troubleshooting thread... 😞

@hypalync if you have an iOS device, why are you posting in the android section?

Googling / searching did not return iOS users with an issue being reported as close to the same as the issue I was having. (there were similar threads, but nothing I could find matched my issue as close as this one).

apologies, I can delete my comments if they upset anyone.

Nothing to do with emotions, just common sense. You're far more likely to get help if you start a new thread in the iOS section.

Suggested posts