Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Songs", "Albums" and "Artists" listing are now empty

"Songs", "Albums" and "Artists" listing are now empty

Hello there !

I'm encountering a really strange bug on my Nexus 4 (running Spotify 1.10.113 and stock Android 4.4.2): for an unknown reason, the Spotify app suddenly acts like I've never saved any albums and titles, like showed on the following screenshots.

I've logged out and back in the app but it did not changed anything. For the info, my Nexus 7 2013 (exact same configuration) doesn't have this behavior.

Any idea of how to fix this?

Spotify-N4.png
Spotify-N7.png
5 Replies

I've seen this fleetingly while it populated. Does putting spotify offline then back online help?

This has also happened to me, but the music eventually reappears. It seems that in their haste to plug the hack they allowed/block older devices, they forgot to actually test this update. There are a bunch of small issues people have beyond their device getting blocked/having to redownload their music/etc. No idea how to fix this other than "wait."

Lamp

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Add-support-for-Google-ChromeCast/idi-p/482900

@jwylot wrote:

I've seen this fleetingly while it populated. Does putting spotify offline then back online help?

I already tried this in the hope it will fix my issue, but it didn't.

@Andrews32 wrote:

This has also happened to me, but the music eventually reappears. It seems that in their haste to plug the hack they allowed/block older devices, they forgot to actually test this update. There are a bunch of small issues people have beyond their device getting blocked/having to redownload their music/etc. No idea how to fix this other than "wait."

I did the new security update a week ago and this issue just happened yesterday, after a few days without any issues.

Yeah, same here, it wasn't immediate. So I'm not sure if it's the app, their servers, etc. It's never lasted more than a minute or two for me, though.

Lamp

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Add-support-for-Google-ChromeCast/idi-p/482900

I finally tried to clean the app's data from the system settings and it work, at the expense of losing all my cached playlists and albums.

I'll come back here if the issue reappears.

Suggested posts