Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Sorry, the music stopped since your spotify account is being used on another device"

"Sorry, the music stopped since your spotify account is being used on another device"

Only one user (myself) on a premium account from USA. Spotify IOS app with Chromecast to Nest Mini (Google Home). Crome casting a podcast I get the message: "Sorry, the music stopped since your spotify account is being used on another device".

Tell me which device because there's none! I've:

- revoked all app access from spotify

- clearing spotify cache

- reset google home mini

- ensure wifi connection on same network (tried both 2.4GHz and 5GHz)

- reset router

- changed password of spotify 

- sign off of all other devices, so it's only the iPhone and the google home mini

So why am I paying if I can't listen to a podcast? The message should at least say which other device, IP, MAC address but it's a glitch between the fact the iPhone is chrome casting and the google home mini. 

The upvote thing that you need to reach consent it's none sense, this is a bug and if not you need to give a better feedback.

1 Reply

Hi there @damien_sky

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Would you mind letting us know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update either of the app or the OS of your device?

On another note, we suggest that you try connecting to a different network to check if that makes any difference. Also, if you're using any signal repeater we'd recommend turning these off, as signal drops may also cause this error.

Lastly, could you let us know if you've tried logging in with a different account, or have a friend log in with theirs to check whether the app behaves in the same manner?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts