Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Spotify connect" no longer works...

Solved!

"Spotify connect" no longer works...

Hello to everyone,

first of all, sorry for my english!

I have a premium account (not expired), an Android device (Google Nexus7 2013) and a pioneer SC-1223 (enabled to Spotify connect).

For about a month everything worked correctly, today I changed the password of my Spotify account and by that time Spotify no longer sees the Pioneer amplifier.

I tried to re-install spotify. I tried to turn off and on the amplifier. But nothing, no longer see!

Spotify works (the nexus sounds), the amplifier works (radio, etc..) But not together.

What can I do?

Thanks,

Luca

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Can you try factory resetting the amplifier?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Marked as solution

Can you try factory resetting the amplifier?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks Peter!!

I have resetting the amplifier and everything works once again!

What a strange thing...

Galma, can you please answer one question for me? There is so little information abou Spotify Connect and hardware devices.

Can Spotify Connect turn on your Pioneer AVR? If your AVR is off, can you select it as a play to device in Spotify app and does this turn on the AVR and start playing? Or do you need to first turn on your AVR and then you can select it in Spotify app?

@poisike wrote:
Can Spotify Connect turn on your Pioneer AVR? If your AVR is off, can you select it as a play to device in Spotify app and does this turn on the AVR and start playing? Or do you need to first turn on your AVR and then you can select it in Spotify app?

Spotify can't turn on your speaker for you (how should that even work? ;D)

You have to switch on your speaker manually - when it connects to your network it will appear in the Spotify Connect device list on your smartphone and you can choose to play with it. 😉

@Premify wrote:

@poisike wrote:

You have to switch on your speaker manually - when it connects to your network it will appear in the Spotify Connect device list on your smartphone and you can choose to play with it. 😉

You own a Pioneer AVR and you have tested this or how do you know that?

My Yamaha AVR has a Network Standby function. I can turn it on by using Yamaha AV Control app and also via Airplay. I open Spotify app on iPad, select a track and output via Airplay to my Yamaha AVR and my Yamaha AVR turns on and plays the music (like magic). So it certainly is possible, my question is if Spotify Connect can do it?

@poisike wrote:

@Premify wrote:

@poisike wrote:

You own a Pioneer AVR and you have tested this or how do you know that?

My Yamaha AVR has a Network Standby function. I can turn it on by using Yamaha AV Control app and also via Airplay. I open Spotify app on iPad, select a track and output via Airplay to my Yamaha AVR and my Yamaha AVR turns on and plays the music (like magic). So it certainly is possible, my question is if Spotify Connect can do it?

I do own a Pioneer XW-SMA1-K. But it doesn't have such a fancy network standby function (which you didn't mention before!).

Spotify connect sees your device as long as it's connected to your network - that's the description.

If it works with this particular standby function, I can't really guarantee that, sorry.

Maybe someone else who owns a similar device can enlighten us? 😉

Having said that I am no expert....

My Pioneer have a Network Standby function. I Can turn on with my tablet or smartphone through its application (or others).
Also my Pioneer has the opportunity to turn on with Airplay. At least according to the instruction booklet, I've never tried it.

Unfortunately spotify connect only works with the receiver switched on, if it is off it does not work.

I hope to be helpful.

@Galma wrote:

Having said that I am no expert....

My Pioneer have a Network Standby function. I Can turn on with my tablet or smartphone through its application (or others).
Also my Pioneer has the opportunity to turn on with Airplay. At least according to the instruction booklet, I've never tried it.

Unfortunately spotify connect only works with the receiver switched on, if it is off it does not work.

I hope to be helpful.

Thanks for this information Galma!

That's bad news for me, I was hoping it can turn the receiver on. At least now I know that there is not much hope that my Yamaha receiver can do this (when they ever release the required firmware update).

I can confirm this. I was hoping that the pioneer xw-sma1 would power on via Spotify Connect - like my yamaha htr-4066 does. But it is only visible on Airplay when in standby mode, unfortunately not on spotify. Maybe one can hope for a firmware upgrade that will solve this.

I have a Pioneer SC 79 AVR and using the Pionner IcontrolAV5 App on my IPAD. When I choose Spotify as a source from the App I'm directed to the Spotify App where my AVR SC 79 is not recognized. I've see this problem pop up all over with various "solutions" none of which seem to work. I do not have a factory reset button on my AVR (one of the solutions). It worked once so how can I get this to work again?

Suggested posts