Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Starred" Radio Plays Wrong Genre

"Starred" Radio Plays Wrong Genre

All,

This happens on all platforms, but my LG Optimus G is my primary device so I'm posting here.

I've got a Starred list of about 400 songs, mostly rock with maybe one or two "funk" tunes.  As of this morning, the Radio for this list plays ONLY funk   I hit "Next" probably about 50 times and every song was funk.  Nothing like it normally does.  I tried this on my iPhone and the desktop app, and the same thing happens.  I even removed the funk songs from the playlist.

I like funk fine, but need the Radio to reflect my actual list of songs.  Any ideas?  I've gone through the clear cache/data, un/reinstall, etc steps for Android

Thanks.

A

5 Replies

The clunky spotify radio only looks at your first 250 tracks in a playlist, I believe so maybe try creating another shorter playlisr on which to base a new radio station.

Thanks for the reply, but that doesn't really address my situation.  I definitely have smaller playlists and use those for Radio as well.  

For Starred radio, though, it should still work.  Even if it only takes the first 250 of my 400 songs, probably 249 will be rock and 1 will be funk.  Why would it play non-stop funk for hours, especially considering it played correctly for the 2 months I've been a Spotify subscriber?   I've continued to skip songs just to see what happens.  After probably 200 skips, it's still completely locked in to funk even now that I've removed the 2 funk songs from my playlist.

Is there a way to "reset" a radio station?  It's clearly not looking at the songs actually in my list.

A

Nah, just abandon it and start a new one.

It's the "Starred" list.  The one that's automatically populated with everything you "star" in Spotify.  So I can't delete it.  🙂

I mean, abandon that radio statio and start a new one 🙂

Suggested posts