Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Unfortunately,Spotify Has Stopped"

Solved!

"Unfortunately,Spotify Has Stopped"

Hi all.  I have a Galaxy S4 and Spotify Premium has worked on it for ages.  All of a sudden, it stopped working.  When I tap on the app, the screen is black and for one quick second, the green Spotify logo is on the top left.  Then it goes away and is replaced by three white lines.  Then an error message comes up that says, "Unfortunately, Spotiify has stopped."  I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times and still, it doesn't work.  Can anyone help me?  Thanks so much.  -Jennifer

47 Replies

I have never been able to use Spotify on my Samsung Note 7. I get this error over and over. Have tried all of the recommended steps and I don't have an sd card. Help please. I'm so tired of the non-stop issues with spotify.

I didn't think the note 7 was shipping yet @meganelise634 and I'm a bit confused as all your other posts were in the iOS section. Please confirm your phone model, operating system/version and spotify version.

People can use more than one device Joe. Our household alone has three phones, 2 tablets, 3 laptops, and a desktop. ALL different.
Note 7's were available August 19th from AT&T. 
Android 6.0.1 MarshmallowI don't know how to look up the version of Spotify since I've neber been able to get Spotify to open. It's the version currently available on Google Play Store. 

Hey @meganelise634 thanks for clarifying. Just to be sure we're talking about the same thing, you get the android notification :Unfortunately Spotify has stopped working" as soon as you launch it or after a specific action?

Things to try in order:

• In app manager, clear spotify cache and data, uninstall spotify, restart phone then redownload and relaunch spotify.
  • If the above doesn't work, try a factory reset of the phone. Make sure to back up any valuable data first.

Yes, I get that error every time I start Spotify. I never have the opportunity to do anything else.
I've already done all of those steps in that order, several times actually. I've also reset the phone. I don't have an sd card.

Thank you.

@meganelise634 if a factory reset didn't solve the problem, I'm out of ideas, I recommend you get in touch with Spotify using the contact form to see if they can offer any suggestions.

Hey guys, I had the same problem but not anymore. I fixed the problem that allowed my spotify to work again by updating to the latest version of spotify, hope this helps.

Suggested posts