Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"You are offline..." like forever and ever!

Solved!

"You are offline..." like forever and ever!

Hi.

I have paid Premium so I could listen to music in the phone and can I? NO!!!

Since I paid the Premium (3 days ago) the phone never gets "online" so it doesn't "know" I'm Premium!

It´s crazy! Is it someone who have had the same problem and have worked it out?

Sincerely,

//Frida

71 Replies

Thanks for the report hnilsen.

How are people getting on with the new app? Any better?

I'm informed that the previous cause for this issue (devices without IMEI codes) has been addressed in the new release. But it'd be good to get some user confirmation.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I can confirm it now works for my tablet too (Asus Transformer Prime). No on and offline issues anymore. Tried after a clear, a reboot, installing some tracks, rebooting, force stopping and it continues to work! FINALLY! 🙂

@Richard wrote:

Thanks for the report hnilsen.

How are people getting on with the new app? Any better?

I'm informed that the previous cause for this issue (devices without IMEI codes) has been addressed in the new release. But it'd be good to get some user confirmation.

The new app is better in regards to the offline issue, this seems to be fixed on my Asus Transformer.

A new issue on the Asus Transformer, is that landscape mode is not longer supported by the Spotify app. The Transformer is often used with a keyboard, and then the app is not very functional.

Which is better?

IMAG0137.jpg

IMAG0138.jpg

ASUS Slider SL101: Offline problems seem to be fixed. At first I had some problems with the new app. Upgraded through "Play" but then it was the same problems with "You are offline". As others have written here, all files / playlists MUST be deleted and the old Spotify uninstalled before you do a new, clean install. To all of you that still have problems, try a new clean install before you give up Spotify! I hope this problem is now resolved forever. Spotify team, - thanks, but realy, this has taken too long! Landsape mode should not take much longer now

Deleted the beta app and re-installed from Play and, yes, the offline problem seems to be solved now.

Bizarrely, I did the same thing on my phone (Google Nexus S), and now then phone keeps going offline when clearly it should not be (good wifi connection).

Downloaded the new app and still having "you are offline" issues. My 3 month premium spotify trial ends soon and I WONT BE CARRYING IT ON. Its total **bleep**e. Shame really because without this issue i'd have been happy to pay for it.

Delete the data (go into Android settings, Apps, Spotify) and try again. It should do the trick. Old data is most likely disrupting the new app.

Did that before i downloaded the new app and its still useless. ive downloaded quite a few albums and dont fancy having to download em again.

I really hate this version it is urgly and NOT usfull for a tablet. In a small screen it is to big to have a good look at your lists...

PLEASE give the old one back...

WHY????....

Offline issue is gone sinds I bought a samsung 7.7 with a sim card in it. It is to supid but it works now.

Having the exact same issue with the HTC wildfire. Tried different networks, clearing data, rebooting, shutdowning spotify, reinstalling. 

By the amount of complaints on this forum and others, spotify should just own up and accept that they've programmed the android app poorly and make a new one.

Samsung GIO - Gingerbread - seems to have resolved the download stopping issue.

I've had this problem for way too long on Galaxy Nexus/ICS. Nothing worked. Multiple reinstalls, remove data, etc.

Now it works... after I decided giving it a chance to something stupid: logged out, log in using Facebook. Until then I was logging with my usual user/password.

WHAT THE ****!!!???

Suggested posts