Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"You are offline..." like forever and ever!

Solved!

"You are offline..." like forever and ever!

Hi.

I have paid Premium so I could listen to music in the phone and can I? NO!!!

Since I paid the Premium (3 days ago) the phone never gets "online" so it doesn't "know" I'm Premium!

It´s crazy! Is it someone who have had the same problem and have worked it out?

Sincerely,

//Frida

71 Replies
Marked as solution

What kind of programs doe you mean bij: 

It seems it's caused when you have synchronized playlists offline and you're using a device that does not have a "correct" IMEI number (e.g. a tablet without 3G connectivity or if you use a software like LBE to prevent apps to get IMEI).

@plsderksen wrote:

What kind of programs doe you mean bij: 

It seems it's caused when you have synchronized playlists offline and you're using a device that does not have a "correct" IMEI number (e.g. a tablet without 3G connectivity or if you use a software like LBE to prevent apps to get IMEI).

Kyriog is referring to LBE Privacy Guard, which can prevent Android apps from being able to read your IMEI.  The supposition is that if Spotify can't see your IMEI for whatever reason (using a tablet, or using LBE Privacy Guard to hide your IMEI, or...) then the bug appears.

Don't use it myself but LBE Privacy Guard is here => https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lbe.security.lite&hl=en

The mobile device I am using is the Samsung galaxy s 2 and my tablet is the galaxy tab 8.9.  They were working fine when I first got spotify, but now its really choppy-meaning it works sometimes and others is doesn't.

y Phone is working fine but my tablet still not.

See in de last page an option with an UsB modem i am going to try that. I really want to put music on it. 

I hope the problem can be solved soon.

regards,

It has the same offline error.

Thought it was just me, but I have the same issues with my Galaxy Tab 10.1.   Spotify suddenly changes to show I am offline when I'm not....plus I am unable to play playlists that I supposedly sync'd via my computer offline.   That process seems to work because any tracks deleted on the computer within a playlist, then disappear on the tablet.

I'm in the same boat.  I have been a premium member for a while and use three devices.  I use a Mac, iPhone, and ASUS Transformer Prime.  The iPhone and Mac sync without any issues.  The tablet on the other hand used to work just fine.  I don't use it that often for Spotify but when I do, I expect it to work.  A lot of my songs have been synced from before, however, it continues to say "Spotify is Offline" over and over.  No new tracks or playlists will sync.  As a premium user I am very concerned about the Android implementation of Spotify.  I will be moving away from the iPhone and to a Android phone sometime over the next few months and the amount of issues I have read about Android devices continuously showing offline has me considering whether or not this service is a viable solution for the future.

My version is 0.5.0.972 and was downloaded earlier this week.  This was a direct install and I have not looked to see whether or not a updated version has been released since.   Spotify guys, if you are aware that this is caused by IMEI problems then why not fix it?  A lot of tablets are WiFi only and have no cellular connection.  Why not go off the MAC address instead?

I've been having exactly the same problems with my Asus TF201 - I'd hoped the new beta would solve this, but sadly not. I've only just switched back onto a premium subscription, after Spotify took an eternity to fix the problems I was seeing on my Google Nexus S. Looks like it's time to cancel again...

The latest "beta" did not fix the problem on Asus Slider. Dissapointing to see that Spotify don't take action faster than this. They seam to be ignorig the problem. Customer service reply in mail that i must reinstall etc. Non of those tihings is helping if this is related to an IMEI problem.

Dear Spotify team. Time to take action!

NeedMusic - I understand that there is an IMEI widget available for Android that's downloadable from the app store. Could you give this a download, then give it another try?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Which widget is this? I can find several in the store for displaying a devices IMEI number, but as I am on a device without 3G, I don't have an IMEI number. Sounds like you are talking about an app which lets you spoof an IMEI? Can you provide a link?

Hmm sorry, I've been trying to replicate it in the office and got a little over-excited and posted hastily. I haven't sorted it. Sorry if I raised any hopes.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Where can I find this app. Can't find it on "Play". Have searched the net but havn't found it there eather... Can you help?

Marked as solution

The preview version has the same error as the "official build", but I think "NeedMusik" was looking for the "IMEI Widget". On my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (WiFi Only) also goes offline all the time.

Sam;
Sorry, I did not see your answer about you beeing overexcited. Sure it raised hopes,- big hopes, because this offline issue is something that your subscribers do not understand why you don't solve. It ha been taking months!
Marked as solution

@Sam wrote:
Hmm sorry, I've been trying to replicate it in the office and got a little over-excited and posted hastily. I haven't sorted it. Sorry if I raised any hopes.

It shouldn't be hard to replicate. You need the following:

1. An Android tablet without 3G. I.e. Asus Transformer or Transformer Primer or Samsung Galaxy Tab
  2. A Spotify account with one or more playlists
  3. make one or more playlists available offline
  4. Exit Spotify and open Spotify once more.

Spotify should now not be able to connect and stay online.

This goes for both the version of Spotify from Google Play and the ICS Beta.

To see how many users actually strugling with this problem, search the forum for the term IMEI.

Do Spotify at all plan to solve this one year old problem?

Smiley Frustrated

Spot on rasmantuta, really good description...

Rasmantutu, thank you! if just Spotify crew would listen to us this time...

how hard could it be....

Suggested posts