Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Your Episodes" indicates incorrect number of episodes

"Your Episodes" indicates incorrect number of episodes

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10e

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

The default (and unremovable) playlist "Your Episodes" indicates that the number of podcast episodes contained in it is 96 more than the actual number. If I have 20 podcasts, it will say "116 episodes" beneath the heading. If the playlist is empty, the subheading will say "96 episodes."

I have twice uninstalled the application signed out of all devices, restarted all my devices, and then reinstalled Spotify. The issue persists.

Screenshot_20210511-014454_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20210511-014609_Spotify.jpg
8 Replies

Hi there @maxgreczyn,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

Can you confirm if you followed these steps when you reinstalled the app? This is different from a quick reinstall and could be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. 

It would also be great if you could try with a different internet connection to see if the issue persist?

Also, can you log in with another account on one of the devices - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist? This way we'll know if it's account related or not.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Doesn’t solve it. And it repeats itself across all the devices, so it does seems to be a bug inside the account

Hey @carolsneves,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

It sounds like you might be experiencing this issue. You can add your +Vote and follow the instructions under Status Update.  

You can also Subscribe to the thread so you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I found a fix

If I put my phone in "airplane mode" and go to "your episodes", the hidden podcasts appear again and I can remove them one by one

No idea what causes it or why it works, but I stumbled upon this when I got on a plane 🙂

Same issue as @maxgreczyn describes. Mine is not persistent across devices, however. My (Windows 10) laptop's Spotify app displays the correct number of episodes. My iPhone app, however, shows 6 more episodes than it should. This problem persisted across my recent upgrade from an iPhone 8 to a brand-new 12. I also tried the full process linked in @Jeremy 's comment.

Hey @twww,

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried the workaround that @thepedrobl  has suggested.

You can also try activating the Show unplayable songs optin from the app settings, and check if ou can find some episodes which are grayed out.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator

Hi Alex, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I'd already tried the workaround suggested by thepedrobl. No results. I hadn't known about the unplayable songs option until you mentioned it, but that also doesn't show the episodes. My episode count is still six higher than it ought to be.

Hey @twww,

Thanks for the reply and for going through this troubleshooting.

For now we'd recommend adding your info to this Ongoing Issue thread. This issue is currently under investigation by Spotify. This info will help the team investigating this find a fix quicker.

Keep your app automatic updates On, as this might get resolved in an upcoming update.

We'll inform you in here when there is a fix for this issue released.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts