Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"stop download" kills entire playlist

"stop download" kills entire playlist

When I click the "stop download" option on my Nexus 5 to cancel the downloading of new songs I added to the downloaded playlist, the songs previously downloaded are also removed from my device. This is not the expected behaviour. I only wanted to stop the download of new songs to this playlist to save battery.

Why are my previous downloads killed? This is a very annoying behaviour on big playlists.

3 Replies

Hi,

You either set a playlist as offline or not. If you want to add tracks, but not keep them offline I suggest you create a duplicate of the original playlist. Leave the original as offline and then add these new tracks to the duplicate which is set as offline.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

You misunderstood.

I have a playlist that I have made offline already. When I update the playlist the changes are synched. This is what I want. There is a button that says "stop download" (or something to that effect) which I hit when I dont what the changes synched at that very minute, but that doesnt mean I want the playlist's status changed or my offline tracks to be trashed. I want what the button says, for the downloading to stop at that time.

Suggest you have a look in the ideas forum and add kudos to any idea which matches yours... if one isn't in there then create a new idea.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts