Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

saving playlist to sd card instead of galaxys4

saving playlist to sd card instead of galaxys4

HELP!! I have a brand new 16GB SD card in my galazy S4 and spotify doesnt let me move to that card...its saving all my playlist to my phone which is now out of memory. How can I move all my playlists over??

6 Replies

If you clear the cache from the Spotify settings menu, when you resync it will automatically store offline tracks in the location which has the most free space. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

This may work with some smartphones but I've tried everything with HTC One M8 on kit Kat 4.4 including formatting, unmounting, filling phone ensuring masses of space on the sd csrd as well as clearing cache and data - none of it works

Same here, HTC One M8, empty 64G sdcard, brand new phone, spotify only stores on main, not in sdcard

@astuckey37 Did you have the SD card mounted before you installed spotify for the first time?

i have the same issue.

what i tried so far:

delete cache from app > un installed spotify > insert new SD 32GB card > reinstall spotify and download songs.

it created the com.spotify folder on the sd.. but its synching music to my phone.

weird thing is: i cant find the spotify folder on my phone. i know its synching there cause the free space keeps getting smaller.

i have a samsung galaxy S4 mini..

i also tried: delete chache and then tried to download in superior quality.. same result..

help!!!

Just purchased a 32gb micro SD purely to store my spotify playlist because it was eating my local device storage and I'm haivng the exact same issue. unmounted,vremounted, uninstalled, resintalled.... order doesn't matter, it's always the same result and it's really frustrating. please help us as I know there a re many facing this same issue and it's one of the main reasons I pay for Premium.

Thanks!

Suggested posts