Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

sd card on my Samsung 6

Solved!

sd card on my Samsung 6

I have bought a plug in SD card to add storage to my S6 so I can keep a good number of downloaded music from spotify without using up phone storage.
I select "store to sd card" and all seems to be fine initially but then when I close and open spotify or remove the sd card adaptor at any time to charge the phone and then replace it Spotify defaults back to "store to phone" and the downloaded songs no longer show up and I have to download them all over again.
There has to be a way to keep the songs on my sd card and have spotify recognise when it is plugged in.
Any ideas please? Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi - I followed your instructions (minus the taking the battery out) and so far so good with all downloads appearing in Spotify from my plug in SD card when it is mounted.

Thanks for your help ๐Ÿ˜Š

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hi ๐Ÿ˜ƒ,

first you should do a reinstall by uninstalling the Spotify app and then reinstalling it from the Playstore.

If this doesn't help try a full clean reinstall by following the steps below:

HowTo:

- Go to System Settings

- Go to "Apps" 

- Find Spotify there

- On Spotify's page, first, tap "Force Close"

- Then tap "Clear cache" if it's not greyed out.

- Then tap "Uninstall" and remove the app.

- After uninnstalling, power off your device.

- If you can, remove the battery now. Power back on.

- Using a file manager on your phone or with your USB cable and your computer, go to Internal Storage > Android > Data and delete a folder called com.spotify.mobile.android.ui

- Reinstall Spotify from Google Play

Please report back if this worked ๐Ÿ˜ƒ.

You can also take a look here:

How to fix most Android issues

Good luck!

Marked as solution

Hi - I followed your instructions (minus the taking the battery out) and so far so good with all downloads appearing in Spotify from my plug in SD card when it is mounted.

Thanks for your help ๐Ÿ˜Š

Suggested posts