Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

(solved) Tip - Cannot Log in on Android

(solved) Tip - Cannot Log in on Android

Hi there - I'm just reposting this from my original post on the old Spotify forum at getsatisfaction, because it seemed that several people per month were using the post to solve their troubles 🙂 

(Solved) - Tip: Cannot log in on android

Thought I'd post this just in case someone found it useful. I replaced my ROM and subsequently had a weird problem logging in to Spotify (premium member). 

Using my Spotify (rather than Facebook) login details, I would log in and then get the popup with 'Spotify can use lots of data if you stream music, etc, etc' message with an ok button. Clicking the OK button or using the back button on the phone just closed and re-opened that same popup in an endless loop. And that was that; the main interface never did load. 

Anyway turns out that the problem was that I had installed the 'swiftkey x' keyboard app as a part of the new ROM, and that it was adding a space to the end of my username. 

Spotify was then not rejecting the login as incorrect, but obviously that trailing space was messing things up. 

When I noticed and removed the space - bingo. No problems... 

OK seems like a fairly stupid thing not to notice, but I didn't - and wasted some time looking around for a solution. 🙂 

Hope I can save someone else the trouble. Cheers!

13 Replies

THANK YOU!!!!!  it worked- you made my day 🙂

YOU.ROCK.  Love the swift key but it can be a bas*ard. 🙂

Thank you so much here from Mora in Sweden! Have had this problem several months now, and now at last I could log in!!!

super super Thank you so much.
was beginning to worry it would 't work on my new phone. so glad you solved it for me. Thanks from Norway

Finely it worked! i thanks man!

Maybe Spotify should better ignore spaces at the end of a login name.....

Oh man. Thank you so much! I would have never thought that **bleep** space was causing the loop.

Kev,

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  You explained it so well and saved me a great deal of additional frustration.

Very Appreciatively,

Steve

Signed up and logged in, just to say thanks!

I cant log in,
it says: "You can only use spotify 14 days abroad" what do you mean by that? I'm not abroad anymore
Please help

ROM ?

I still cannot log in.   You said you are a premium member.  I am not. Help.

I am having the same problem. I get the message "Enjoying your trip abroad. Tell us where you've been on spotify.com" Only - I am not abroad.  Any help would be appreciated.

Suggested posts