Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

song going silent when paused

song going silent when paused

I have this ridiculously annoying bug where when my music is disrupted (eg. by a notification, by my pausing, or by something else playing) it continues to play silently. It goes back to normal volume when I skip a specific song or reset the spotify app. I read some forum blog posts here and the solution, which was to enable to crossfader function, didn't work for me. I has hoping that an update would fix this issue but it didn't.
Could anyone help me out?

Plan

Premium

Country

Poland 

Device

Motorola One 

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

6 Replies

Hey @sas088,

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to the community!

First up, let's try a quick clean reinstallation of the app by following these steps. This usually helps with many ongoing issues like this.

If that didn't do the trick, let's try signing out everywhere from your account page.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of your Spotify app and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

Let me know how it goes — I'll be here in case you need any further help 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

hello thanks for reaching out

unfortunately none of your suggestions worked for me and I'm still experiencing the same issue. 

I'm running Spotify 8.5.27.957 on stock Android 9 Pie. If there's more information you need please let me know, I'll be lurking! 

Hey @sas088,

Thanks for getting back to me!

Are you using an SD card with your device? If so, please try removing the SD card to see if that helps resolve the issue.

If that didn't do the trick, could you check how much free space you have on your device? Issues can often occur if you have less than 1GB of free space on your device. If you have less than 1GB available, could you try freeing up some space, and see if the issue persists?

Keep me posted 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

hello again! 

I don't have any SD card and have more than 20 GB left of internal storage. 

i think I fixed the issue by accident actually 

turning off battery optimization did the trick

Hey @sas088,

I'm glad to hear that everything worked out! If you need a hand with anything else, just give me a shout 🙂

spotify:playlist:63XpyubibSokvW1UvGgkBM:small

NoahSpotify Star

Suggested posts