Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

sonos and andriod phone playing at the same time

sonos and andriod phone playing at the same time

When I'm at home playing Spotify via the sonos app, then when my partner starts playing Spotify via the andriod app my sonos stops, if I then press play their phone stops playing and vice versa? They are on the mobile network at work and I'm on my home network at home? Why is this and better still is there a way to both be using at the same time
4 Replies

Erm; are you telling me that you are both using the same premium account??? If so you are breaking the Spotify Terms & Conditions. Maybe you should consider a family plan: www.spotify.com/family

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Ok so how do I set it up on my sonos now that I have bougth a family plan?

I have spotify on my mac and iPhone, the sonos player + my girlfriends iphone...

What account do I add to the Sonos player? Mine or my girlfriends?  

Hi on Sonos you can add both.
So on Sonos you should use the account you are not using at the same time on the phone.
One account can play on 1 device at a time.
Camillo

Very complicated and expensive solution. You have always to switch the accounts. I am currently also using Napster and they differetiate between Mobile Usage and home usage with Sonos. So at home everybody can listen to Napster without remembering always to switch users and mobile it is only possible to stream with one device.

I really love the Spotify app, but the family membership is no option. Is there no solution like Napsters offers?

Suggested posts