Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

xiaomi Mi A1

Operating System

Android 8.1.0

My Issue

Recently I've added a local file (a song) from my phone to spotify, and suddenly spotify started crashing when starting it; in order to isolate the problem I've uninstalled the app and installed again and used it for a few days without adding the local file; but yesterday when I tried to add the local file I had the same crashing when starting problem....does anyone else had this?

2 Replies

I've been facing the same problem. Yerterday I've added lots of songs to my SD card and added those songs to the app as local files.

It worked fine until the app was force closed by the OS due to long time without been used.

When I tried to reopen the app I always get the same error message and it simply doesn't open anymore.

Very frustrating, since the Spotify database is far from being a very large one. There's lots of songs it doesn't support. Maybe it's time to migrate to another streamming service.

Don't if that's your case, but I've managed to get my app working again.
I've just unmounted my SD card (through Oreo options) and remounted it back.

Now the app opened just fine.

BTW, my local songs were stored on my SD Card, and I had to download all my saved songs once more (they were on the SD too).

Suggested posts