Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify can't find sd card

spotify can't find sd card

Hello.

I bought a 32GB microSDHC card for my smartphone specifically to store music downloaded from Spotify, but I can't get the app to find my SD card.

When I start the Spotify app the first time it complains that it cannot find any SD card and that it cannot find any place to store the data. Then, after clicking ok it just shuts down. The next time I start the application it shows the Login / Sign Up page, but everything gets store on the internal memory, not the card.

I tried erasing the data (from Spotify's own configuration option and Android's application menu), uninstalling and reinstalling several times, but it does not work.

There is more free space available on the SD card than in the phone's internal memory (29GB versus 12GB). Android detects the SD card and I can write and read files from it without problems. I also tried formating the card with Android (erase card option) and Windows 7 (fat32).

Cellphone: Aquaris E5 HD (2GB RAM version) up to date.

Android: 4.4.2

Spotify: 19.01273 (up to date from Google Play)

Not rooted, no weird apps installed.

Any ideas?

2 Replies

Give a clean install another shot; but make sure to follow the steps in the bloe linked guide exactly... the cleaining of redundant files and the reboot is important!

[GUIDE] How to fix common issues for Spotify on Android

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

It did not work, having exactly the same problem.

By the way, I notices that the message complaining about no SD card found the first time the app is executed does not appear when the external SD card has less space avalaible than the internal memory. It just lets you log in and, of course, the app stores everything in the internal memory.

So, it looks that the app can actually find the SD card and look how much space it has...

Suggested posts