Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify extremely slow on Samsung Galaxy S 3

spotify extremely slow on Samsung Galaxy S 3

Recently, Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S3 is extremely slow. Having a fast Wifi connection (VDSL 50), it takes sometimes minutes only to load a playlist, sometimes ist does not work at all, so i have to restart spotify and try again. streaming music stopps all the time, so it is only possbile to listen to music when I have downloaded files. But downloading is also vey slow..I am a premium user so this is very annoying. I have already reinstalled spotify twice but without any improvements. Any ideas how to get an acceptable performance for  a paid service.

7 Replies

That's pretty unusual for an S3. Do you have the new Collection (Your Music) tab in your spotify?

I cannot change my email address on spotify with facebook as it thinks it has my primary email address and it doesnt.I cannot change it on facebook.

now, i am not aware of this tab. where should it be and what is the meaning of it?

It would be listed in the left panel under radio if you had it. Is you spotify cache stored on an external SD card? If so, could you just try removing it and reinstalling spotify without it to see if it behaves any better? Don't panic - this is just temporarily 🙂

I do not exactly know where the spotify cache is stored..how can I find out? The app is stored on the internal storage though.

It's a folder called com.spotify.mobile.android.ui and usually located in \Phone\Android\data orin \Android\data on the external SD card but don't worry about that just yet. If you uninstall spotify then remove the external SD card (if you have one) before reinstalling, the cache will be deleted anyway.

haven't tried the reinstall with the sd card removed yet. will try this and then report back. thank you for the moment.

Suggested posts