Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify for android app says offline and is slow

spotify for android app says offline and is slow

when I open Spotify often times it says offline and takes a good minute or two to go back online. the app also intermittently does this while in use.seems as though online searches also take quite a bit of time overall the app has gotten very slow
11 Replies

Hi. I'm finding this sometimes too, although it's not too bad normally. It might just be the server at the moment, how long have you been experiencing this behaviour for?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Not real long, couple weeks to a month maybe.

Is it on both wifi and mobile data? If give a clean install a try and see if that helps:

NOTE: You will lose all preferences & offline playlists in doing this!

Uninstall the app from Settings - Apps then scroll to the Spotify app and tap on it, then press 'Uninstall' (or any other way you usually uninstall apps).

Once done using a file manager (such as ES File Explorer) make sure that the below folders are deleted (the second one may be still remaining from the older version of Spotify):

/Android/data/com.spotify.music
/Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui

Note: - Make sure to check both Emulated/0/ AND the /ext_sd/ locations for these folders as they could be on Internal memory or/and external SD card.

When all folders are removed go to the play store and install the Spotify Music app again (Direct Link).

Official guides for a clean reinstallation here
If using an external sd card to store your cache (Offline Playlists) on Android 4.4.2+ then please read instructions in the thread here: [Android 4.4.2+]Cache on external SD card is possible

Android Troubleshooting:

Mobile

Reinstalled spotify and now under the Your Music tab my playlists won't show up!!?

Ok, i just had to close and reopen the app...

OK, let me know if it's improved your loading time, if so we can mark this thread as solved.

Thanks

Android Troubleshooting:

Ok it started doing it again...same problem, sooo slow to connect and says offline until it finally initializes

What mobile operator are you on? Which country? Can you check your country settings match that on your account page here: www.spotify.com/account

Also check you're not going through a VPN or anything else that may be throttling your data.

Android Troubleshooting:

my carrier is Verizon, USA,  my phone is a samsung galaxy s3, and it happens on wifi or on the verizon network.

I recommend you contact Spotify Support using the form here. It may be they just need to clear your cache their side

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Android Troubleshooting:

Suggested posts