Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify forgets login details about once a week

Solved!

spotify forgets login details about once a week

I have been having this problem for about a month now. I am a premium user. Whenever it happens I clean install the app and fromat my sd card. I then reinstall the latest version from google play and resync my playlists. About a week later whenever I am offline, I would launch Spotify on my phone and instead of  the your music page poping up, the login screen comes up. I have changed sync qualityies etc. but I can't seem to find the preoblem. I do have DU battery saver and DU cleaner installed but I need them or my phone will fill up with space very quickly. I also do have Spotify whitelist so the app doesn't clean it.

My phones version is Android 4.4.4

It is not rooted

the spotify version4.3.0.922

I f you have any other questions let me know please 😜

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Any progress? Exact same problem.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Am still working on it. Also it seems to be whenever I am offline it forgets the details but if I launch the app while connected to the internet it is fine. I usually have the app open on my phone before I leave my house so I can keep the app working while not being connected to the internet.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Even though you whitelisted the app - can you try tunning without that those applications for a week or two and see if that happens again?

Another way of testing would be running a manual cleanup by those applications and see if you get logged out.

To me it sounds like caches are being purged still.

Kind Regards,
Alex

Ok will delete thos apps now and see what happens

Ok so it has been a week since I posted this and am just letting you know I am gonna factory reset my phone since google play store crahses when downloading apps and Spotify forgot my details again. I think it could be a bug somewhere on my phone that is messing everything and hope it fixes it. Will let ye know if it fixed anything
Marked as solution

Any progress? Exact same problem.
Marked as solution

Am still working on it. Also it seems to be whenever I am offline it forgets the details but if I launch the app while connected to the internet it is fine. I usually have the app open on my phone before I leave my house so I can keep the app working while not being connected to the internet.

Yeah that's what is happening. When I turn off my phone, with spotify in offline (I think) and turn back on with no internet access it asks for details and when I log back in it has wiped my playlists. Ive been emailing spotify support but I don't know if they fully know why it's happening

Whenever Spotify doesn't login properly for me (while offline). I close the app and wait for the next time I am online. I then launch the app and Spotify automatically logs me in

Do your downloads wiped after this? I open the app after the said steps and I turn on data, login and all my downloads have gone. But weirdly enough the data for the downloads still exist on my (e.g.3gb of music) but not playable on the app obviously.

Ye the songs are still there. I only have 1.5 gb of songs downloaded though so that could be helping me

Suggested posts