Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify library

spotify library

i see repeated tracks in spotify how do I get rid of  these tracks. when i  right clicking  the delete buttton  is gray out  this are all spotify tracks i am deealing with 

7 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

If you are looking at the library tab in the desktop application, you can't delete tracks from there. The library pulls in tracks from all of your playlists and local files, so you need to find the track in whichever playlist it is in to remove it. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It is on just a couple of song that this is happening and I do not have these songs. In a playlist

Do they appear in the local files list? You may have duplicate mp3s or whatever on your desktop device?

no they're all Spotify trackst. They're not local tracks

Now I'm a bit confused since you said these were tracks not in a playlist earlier but spotify doesn't show tracks which aren't in a plalist as far as I know. Can you post a screenshot to show this please?

here is the screen shot

it happens on serveral tracks 

Capture.JPG

These look like starred tracks but I have no idea how the same tracks got starred twice. I think you're going to have to try a clean reinstall to see if it gets rid of the duplicates. Please follow the instructions here. Before you start, please make a note of the cache location shown in spotify's preferences/option and make sure the folder has been deleted before you reinstall.

Suggested posts