Premium

Country

Italy 

Device

Google Nexus 5

Operating System

Android 6.0.1

My Question or Issue

Every time I'm playing a song and search for a new one the search function does not work and it gives a blank screen with an error message (please see attachment).

Restarting, and re-installing does not solve the problem. The only solution I found is by terminating the app via the app settings menu.

Thanks if you want to give me a hand.

Matteo

spotify search error.jpg
4 Replies

Hi @matteodepoli,

Can you translate exactly what that error says? Also, before uninstalling the Spotify app, did you try a "force stop," then "clear Data," then "clear cache?" If there where any errors or hiccups in the update, changes may not have been over-written, so you need to get rid of all that corrupt data first. As a matter of fact, I would go as far as once you deleted alll the cache and file data, reboot your phone before trying to reinstall.

Hi there and thanks very much for your reply.

I tried as you said by reinstalling the app AFTER clearing all data and cache and force stopping it.

Although it seems to happen less often, the problem still persists. What I tend to do is navigate back using the backward button on my phone until I get to the search page, rather than clicking on the magnifying lens button on the spotify app.

If the problem keeps going on I might consider the option of leaving spotify for better services. I am paying 10€ a month after all!

@matteodepoli

So sorry you're still having this issue. Know that I've been using Spotify on Android for quite some time, and have not experience this kind of issue. It also has occured to me that you're using an old version of Android. I'm using Android 8.0 (and we're up to Android 9), is it possible for you to do a system update? Software doesn't always work right if the operating system is too old. I've had plenty of experiences with that.

Hey there @matteodepoli,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

We can see from your screenshot that you're currently on a data connection. We recommend using Spotify with a WiFi connection, on a supported device that has at least 250MB available memory. In this case, could you double-check that  you have enough data allowance? 

If possible, we'd recommend trying it connecting with a different (preferably WiFi) network. If it works with another connection, we recommend contacting the service provider of the original network for more information.

On another note, could you let us know if this persists when playing on a different device, or with the web player?

Keep us posted 🙂

Happy Holidays!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts