Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify taking up memory on my phones storage card

spotify taking up memory on my phones storage card

I dwonloaded spotify, the main app was ok about 15mb, but then I noticed spotify was using 9mb on my storage and then when I added tracks to a playlist via my desktop computer , the amount of storage spotify was using on my phone went up, is this right? Cause that means if i have a lot of playlists, it's going to take up a lot of space on my storage card or is there something I can do ti correct this?

3 Replies

Spotify created its cache folders on your external SD card on installation. This is good. The cache is used to store any music you download to your mobile together with a cache for streamed music. This cache reduces load times, especially if you replay spotify content. Don't worry though, its size is not dependent on the number of playlists you have and the main factor affecting its size is downloading music to your phone.

So what's the maxium size it willl go up to when no music is downloaded, currrently seems to be 25mb of data on my tablet, noticed it went up after i was browsing the app earlier

No idea, guess you'll find out as you use Spotify but, why are you worrying about 25MB - that's so small as to be insignificant. Mine's just short of 2GB with a bunch of downloaded music.

Suggested posts