Device

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Operating System

Android oreo

My Issue

I have 3 playlist in my spotify:

1) K-pop playlist

2) J-pop playlist

3) combination of both of playlist (playlist 1 and 2 combined)

and playlist 3 is casuing the issue here

Playlist 3 they both have around same number of jpop and kpop music contained (around 30 J-pop and 34 k-pop)

When I used Google Play Music or Samsung Music, it would actually suffle the songs, but when I suffle this playlist, it doesn't "fully" suffle.
As many of you probably won't be able to distinguish which is Jpop and which is Kpop, the screenshot basically shows it doesn't really "suffle".

The screenshot shows the queued music, but it's just a row of kpop back to back and Jpop back to back. 

Just 25-30 songs of Kpop back to back and after that it's 15-20 jpop song back to back.

It sounds weird, i know, at first i thought it was a pure coincidence, this happens every time I suffle the playlist, if it's truly "suffle", mathematically speaking, it should suffle with like 3 kpop, 2 jpop, 1 kpop, 3 jpop, 2 kpop, something close like that if it contained two different language of songs that have around the same number of songs.

It's like tying to mix oil and water, it doesn't fully "mix", this happens everytime I press suffle

Spotify sould improve their suffle system and make them actually "suffle", i don't know why suffle is still grouping musics by it's language.

I don't think this is a common issue for other people because people don't commonly listen to different language of songs, but I hope this bug is fixed because it's really annoying.

1 Reply

Alright apparently I can't post screenshot because it says it's apparently not allowed in this community, thanks spotify

Suggested posts