Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

why does Spotify stopped playing when i do something else like browse facebook, go see my messages?

why does Spotify stopped playing when i do something else like browse facebook, go see my messages?

why does Spotify stopped playing whenever i do something else on my phone like browse facebook, or read my phone messages, or open a link to read something? some other music apps like Jango lets you do whatever you want, but it keeps playing ur playlist.. i'm not even gonna mention how pitifully miniscule Spotify's music library is compared to this apps...ooops
6 Replies

almost 3 weeks, and still got nothing, nada, zero, zillch! no one seems to have a clue. i'm guessing, someone will venture to suggest i go to Spotify Help for this. well, guess what? they/'re clueless too.

Hi. I feel your pain my friend.  This is so annoying it makes me want to cancel my "pro" subscription. I think it has to do with other audio from a web page (includes Facebook) overriding Spotify's audio. I have looked all over Spotify to see if there is an override the override setting.  I can't find it. Maybe this bumps up this thread so we get some sort of answer.  I wouldn't mind it even if we got it's not possible. At least then we'd know. That's the problem with forum posting - you never know if you're going to get an answer pee what kind of answer it may be.  As the headline says this forum is not sourced from Spotify.

hoibie

Happening to me too. Only when I switch to chrome browser though. I'm VERY close to cancellation at this point as I've been around the block with this a few times. 

The only thing anyone could reccommend to me was to remove and reinstall the app. Sounds a bit IT Crowd for my liking.

i almost cancelled mine too bcoz of this issue, but eventually did when i found out Spotify doesn't carry a single Beatle song by the group themselves (what they have are covers of wanna-bes). it's just  inexcusable. some moronic moderator here (yes, it's you Anthony, moron!) even have the gall to put the blame on me for saying something about it, like paying premium don't entitle me to ask for my money's worth.

anyway, i know  what  you're saying bro. i think the override settings are on the device, not on the apps. coz i have that on my laptop speaker settings. i'm not a tech guy, so i'm hoping you may want to look into that too. another thing, i don't have to be watching or listening to something from another site. Spotify stops as soon as i leave Spotify and into another site or page. like it's automatic. i haven't been a long-time user, obviously, but I swear, it isn't always like that at all. i remember i used to play Candy Crush, while my spotify playlist continues to play. yeah, i'm hoping someone could still put the finger on what's really happening so we could get on with our lives LOL. 

i think uninstalling it would erase all your music. playlists. that would be a hassle. if i try removing the apps, i may have no need to put it back

Good stuff. Glad to hear you're considering cancelling. I did in the end.
The help email by the way which is impossible to find anywhere is
premium@spotify.com They were very helpful but couldn't fix the issue.
In the end they said it might be a process killing app like my antivirus
but even after I uninstalled that it still wouldn't work. Strangely though
I switched to tidal and the same thing happens (though less frequently)
with that too so possibly its something in android. Are you running any
extra kind of locker app as a matter of interest? I ran appLocker for a
while but had it uninstalled long before many updates to Spotify so unless
it left some nasty background process on my phone I can't see how I could
point the finger at it.
And tidal is the same price and grand for now anyway.

Suggested posts