Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

won't play or download via wifi

won't play or download via wifi

Greetings. I want to play Spotify on an android tablet connected to my home sound system, but controlled remotely from an android phone.

The only way Spotify will connect to other devices is via mobile network. To stream or download, I have to turn “Offline” to off and turn off airplane mode and then Spotify streams by mobile network instead of wifi.  I have “Download using cellular” turned off on the androids. I’ve exceeded my monthly data quota in just a few days. Not acceptable.

This happens on an android tablet and an android phone (both with ver 6.0.0.864 armV7).. The wi-fi works fine on the PC (ver 1.0.36.124.g1cba1920) but I cannot connect to the androids other than through the wifi. The three devices are connected to the same wi-fi and that wi-fi works on the devices for other programs and browsers.

I cleared the cache, uninstalled, and reinstalled Spotify on one of the androids to no avail.

I’ve seen other posts here with this issue but they are more than a year ago and much earlier versions of Spotify. At that time, the “solution” was to revert to Spotify version 2.8.

Is there a current solution to this?

Thanks much / Kozmo

3 Replies

Hi. It sounds like a network problem but can you confirm that, without using connect and with mobile data turned off, your tablet can stream from spotify over wifi?

No. With mofile turned off but wifi connected, I get "You're offline. Please connect to the internet and try again." Browser and other internet access work fine. 

Thanks. I assume that offline mode isn't set on the tablet. Is there any chance you can try another wifi access point? Is there anything in your router settings which might be blocking connection to spotify over wifi. Particularly check if any ports are blocked.

Suggested posts