Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

won't save to sd card after update

won't save to sd card after update

I have an AT&T Galaxy Note 3. I had all my playlists and starred tracks saved to my SD card. But after I redownloaded spotify and all of my songs, it saves the music to my phone and not my sd card where I want it. I made sure to change it to extreme quality downloads and playback, but still no luck. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?
11 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community. I moved your post to the Android help section. Have you checked how much space is available on your SD card? It may be that the old cache is still on there and needs to be removed. See this post for the directory names. 

Also, be sure to go into your settings, and use the option to "delete cache and saved data." Then, turn extreme quality back on before you try to download the songs again. No guarantee that's going to fix the problem, but those are my best ideas at the moment.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

There's 32gb of free space (way more than enough for all of it), and I deleted the cache and data and downloaded it all again but still the same result.

Nevermind. I had to go in and manually move the directory. It's where I want it now

I moved the entire directory to my sd card but it shows up in Spotify like I haven't download anything. Someone really screwed up taking away this option.

You can't do it that way. Spotify has to add it automatically. If you move the directory, it loses the path in the app and can't find it.
dinomightSpotify Star

Does your phone by chance have the Kitkat Android update? That would be version 4.4. I believe Spotify is totally unable to save to SD on Kitkat due to changes implemented by Google.

dinomightSpotify Star

I do have 4.4 but after I updated to kitkat a long time ago all of my spotify music was still on my sd card. It wasn't until a few days ago when I had to redownload spotify did it not save everything to my sd card.

Okay, that's gotta be the problem. It was able to maintain that connection since it was already linked in the system, but I don't think it can access it to make the new folder. You might check around the forums for a Kitkat workaround, but I don't believe there's any way to make it work without one since the new version of the app reset everything.
dinomightSpotify Star

Ah ok. Thanks, I appreciate it.

Hi all,

I have the same issue!

My smartphone is Sony Xperia Z1 with a SD 32GB

Before the upgrade I had all the playlists stored on SD, after upgrading the SD is not recognized

I tried deleting the cache and the app, then download app and playlists still with highest quality but are stored in the main memory and the SD is not recognized...

Do you have an estimate of when this issue will be resolved?

Many thanks!

I think I just replied to your other post @EarendilSI .

Suggested posts