Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Community Issue] Profile and notification menu not popping up for some users

Solved!

[Community Issue] Profile and notification menu not popping up for some users

Hey folks!

We're currently aware and looking into an issue in the Community where the profile menu doesn't pop up after clicking on the arrow.

It'd normally open a pop up like this:

Katerina_0-1649081510341.png

This menu allows you to access your Community profile, notifications and private messages (if they are enabled).

If you're affected, as a workaround for now, you can access these areas via the following links:

We'll keep you updated on this here.

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

UPDATE: After several confirmations from people that had this issue, we believe this issue is now fixed. If you have this issue again in the future, just leave a reply in the thread.

Hey everyone,

Can you check to see if you are still having this issue with the Community?

We believe the issue was with the website cache. The website cache has been refreshed and we hope that the issue is now fixed. We will need people that had this issue to test it again and let us know. Thank you for your patience.

Please open up the Community website in an incognito window (sometimes called a private window) in your browser and see if you still have the same issue. I ask this because it could be that the browser has cached the old files and hasn't updated them yet. Opening an incognito (private window) loads fresh files.

Then try loading the Community in a normal browser window. If it works in incognito (private window), but not when opening a normal browser window, then try clearing your cache in the main browser window. When you go to clear browsing data in the settings, you only need to check the box that says "cached images and files" so that you can still keep your cookies and other data. It's best to keep your cookies and not clear them otherwise you will have to relogin again to every website you normally visit.

@James7x1 

MattSudaSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hey everyone! 

Good news -this should be now resolved if you're affected.  If you don't see any changes right away, you might need to clear your browser's cache memory to shake things up.

If, in spite of that, you're still having troubles seeing the menu, please let us know here. We'll be keeping an eye out.

Have a lovely day

KaterinaModerator

It still isn’t working for me.

I just cleared my browsing cache and it still is not working.

I can confirm that it is indeed not fixed. The drop down does not work still. I have tried on never used browsers on different devices (phone, computer, tablet).

Hey @James7x1  and @mphoa - thanks for following up!

Our Stars also confirmed the same, so we're looking into things again. Hopefully it'll be resolved for everyone soon 🤞

We'll keep you up to speed here - including if we need additional details from your end - so keep an eye here!

KaterinaModerator

Hey everyone,

This issue is still being investigated.

Here is another tip:

To access your profile, there is a workaround for now. Right click on your profile picture / name at the top of the Community and select "open link in new tab". This will have to be done in a desktop browser.

MattSudaSpotify Star

The notifications menu is working for me again.

@mphoa 

Great to hear! Let us know if in the future you have this issue again.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Marked as solution

UPDATE: After several confirmations from people that had this issue, we believe this issue is now fixed. If you have this issue again in the future, just leave a reply in the thread.

Hey everyone,

Can you check to see if you are still having this issue with the Community?

We believe the issue was with the website cache. The website cache has been refreshed and we hope that the issue is now fixed. We will need people that had this issue to test it again and let us know. Thank you for your patience.

Please open up the Community website in an incognito window (sometimes called a private window) in your browser and see if you still have the same issue. I ask this because it could be that the browser has cached the old files and hasn't updated them yet. Opening an incognito (private window) loads fresh files.

Then try loading the Community in a normal browser window. If it works in incognito (private window), but not when opening a normal browser window, then try clearing your cache in the main browser window. When you go to clear browsing data in the settings, you only need to check the box that says "cached images and files" so that you can still keep your cookies and other data. It's best to keep your cookies and not clear them otherwise you will have to relogin again to every website you normally visit.

@James7x1 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Issue is now resolved. Thank y'all!

Suggested posts