Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App stops working after each song

App stops working after each song

each time I use Spotify, the app (8.7.54 on ios) will play one song then won’t play the next one even if it’s downloaded or even open playlists that are downloaded so I have to fully close the app then reopen it after every song. I’ve tried restarting my phone (iPhone 12 iOS 15.5) in case my phone was the issue but that hasn’t worked. How do I fix this please?

5 Replies

mine does this same thing i came here to see if anyone had the same problem. i keep having to close out the app constantly . i’ve deleted the app and re downloaded it i even shut off my phone. 

I am having the same issue. My shuffle will play one song and then cut out right at the end and not play the next song. Sometimes it plays multiple songs, but eventually comes to the same issue. I have to exit out of the app and shut it down, then re-open the app to resume my shuffle. 

I did all the standard troubleshooting tactics out there (restart app, restart phone, delete app and re-download, clear cache, etc.). This is definitely an issue with either their servers or with the app (ver. 8.7.55), as I have this issue on both my iPhone and iPad –– I have not tried on my laptop yet. This issue predates the latest update and has been going on for a few weeks now.

@Spotify, please help! We are paying too much money to be able to enjoy the fullness of our service.

I am having the same issue. My shuffle will play one song and then cut out right at the end and not play the next song. Sometimes it plays multiple songs, but eventually comes to the same issue. I have to exit out of the app and shut it down, then re-open the app to resume my shuffle. 

I did all the standard troubleshooting tactics out there (restart app, restart phone, delete app and re-download, clear cache, etc.). This is definitely an issue with either their servers or with the app (ver. 8.7.55), as I have this issue on both my iPhone and iPad –– I have not tried on my laptop yet. This issue predates the latest update and has been going on for a few weeks now.

@Spotify, please help! We are paying too much money to be able to enjoy the fullness of our service.

i definitely agree. it’s still happening to me there has been updates and deleting and closing out the app and re downloading it. this problem hasn’t been fixed. even with the new updates

I'm also experiencing trouble while playing songs on my Iphone (13). After one or  a few songs the songs stops/pauzes and doesn't play anything. I have to close the app and open it again so I can play music again and it will repeat the same problem over and over again. Pretty frustrating. I already tried to remove the app and reinstall it, but the problem still exists.

Suggested posts