Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do you select songs to add to your playlists?

How do you select songs to add to your playlists?

Do you create your own playlists on Spotify?

If so, are there any criteria/rules that guide your decisions about what songs will go in your playlists? 

Here are some of my own criteria for adding songs to my Spotify playlists:

• I need to enjoy the song all the way through, as well as upon repeated listens, to add it to a playlist. This means that I often re-listen to a song that I’ve just discovered several times before making a decision about whether to add it to any playlists.
  • The song must be representative of the playlist’s theme. My playlists nearly always have themes (usually genres of music) as indicated in their titles, and I try to make their song selections reflect their themes as best as I can.
  • For most of my playlists (there are a few exceptions), I include at most 3 songs by any artist as a measure to keep the song selection relatively diverse, artist-wise—so if I already have 3 songs by an artist in a playlist, I typically won’t add another track of theirs unless I also remove one of their current ones.

I’m curious to hear about others’ criteria/rules for adding songs to playlists as well, so feel free to share!

Cheers!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
0 Replies

Suggested posts