Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I have premium, but am hearing ads on podcasts for sports betting

Solved!

I have premium, but am hearing ads on podcasts for sports betting

Why is this happening all of the sudden?  I pay not to have ads, but I have been getting this past couple of days.  Account is in good standing and active. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there,

Spotify Premium reserves the right to insert ads on exclusive podcasts, and ones that they produce/own. Ads will never be inserted into music streaming. I took a screenshot of their terms, and here is a link as well:

Thanks,

51E459DF-ABD3-4564-9B95-23312462415E.jpeg

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there,

Spotify Premium reserves the right to insert ads on exclusive podcasts, and ones that they produce/own. Ads will never be inserted into music streaming. I took a screenshot of their terms, and here is a link as well:

Thanks,

51E459DF-ABD3-4564-9B95-23312462415E.jpeg

Not gonna lie, that's pretty annoying.  At least they don't lock in the ads and make them un-skippable.

I am definitely getting un-skippable ads now. All the playback controls disappear from the app while they play, and in a car the Fast Forward button stops playback altogether. 

Do we know if the free tier includes more ads, or does the podcast listening experience make no distinction between free/paid tiers? If there's no difference there's no reason to keep paying for what is no longer a premium experience. 

I am a loyal Spotify Premium Subscription podcast listener for the last 3 years. But in June 2023, these same podcasts I have been following opened the floodgates with Automated Ads (streaming ad insertion). 🫤Can't Spotify give podcast listeners less ads with Spotify Premium? I am turning off my paid Premium Subscription after numerous requests to Spotify Customer Service doesn't have the experience to understand that Automated Ads (streaming ad insertion) ruins Podcasts.

Suggested posts