Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

New Feature To Try On Desktop: Quick Search Shortcuts

New Feature To Try On Desktop: Quick Search Shortcuts

Hey folks,

The Spotify team is always working to make the software as simple as possible for everyone to use, and for those of you who like to save a bit of time by using keyboard shortcuts, there's a very convenient trick that you may not have noticed on the desktop.

Try typing [CTRL]+[K] (on Windows) or [Cmd]+[K] (on Mac), and this will open up a quick search box overlay where you can immediately start typing what you’re looking for and receive suggested results instead of having to open up the full search page first. Hopefully, this is something a lot of you find useful that will get you to the music you love even faster!

dinomight_0-1661880282065.jpeg

Bonus tip: These same shortcuts should also work for you if you’re using the web player.

Give it a try, and let us know what you think in the comments!

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
46 Replies

Very good! Too cool to know these shortcuts, it speeds up a lot! Thanks for sharing!

thanks this feature is really dope i love it!

oh yaah i was asking the same questions here is the my website URL but i have some questions for my website

Great feature. I would be useful to have the usual context menu for each item, with add to queue, add to playlist etc...

I have hidden some songs. Now I want to restore them. What option should I choose?

Here is another tip:

The desktop app and web player have a shortcuts popup window that will show you a full list of shortcuts by pressing the following keys.

https://support.spotify.com/article/keyboard-shortcuts/ 

Mac: CMD + / or ?

Windows: CTRL + / or ?

OR

Mac: Shift + / or ?

Windows: Shift + / or ?

The screenshot below is outdated and does not include the current list of shortcuts, but this is what it looks like.

keyboard shortcuts.png

MattSudaSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Is there eny option, how to sort songs in playlist by genres? In example i would like to play only EDM songs from playlist where are every kind of genres.

It would also be good if there was shortcut to instantly play selected item from Quick Search, like CTRL+Enter

Cool! Great shortcut for me as I don't save the songs I like 😁

It would also be beneficial if there was a shortcut , such as CTRL+Enter, for playing a selected item from Quick Search immediately.

great!

Put the old UI back. The new one is terrible. 

How do I access the promotional discount I was offered from the Artist (Magdalena Bae, for being a Mag Bae! ) ? It wasa 10% discount off a vinyl record. the link took me to an spotify artist store. I cannot figure out how to get to the store or even pull up the code for it. Please help!  **bleep** Sincerely, Miguel L.

please add HomePod support feature that's what we all need!!!

The Command bar is really useful. Please add commands like:

- 'like' song

- go to 'albums'

- go to 'podcasts'

- go to 'home'

- Share now playing song.

Anyway everything one would want to navigate to or do an action on.

It would become the Raycast of Spotify.

Thanks!

Oh, thanks, 

I was unaware of this shortcut whenever I have to search for new podcasts I came to the box again and again this shortcut will save my time thanks. 

It would be so good when all these shortcuts and keys are combined for the user,  so everyone can access them easily.

great

I do not have this thing. Maybe old app view?

I see that some people run new ui on desktop, perhaps give it to all or no one?

Suggested posts