Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Play button on the left? Previous/Next button in the middle? please help!

Solved!

Play button on the left? Previous/Next button in the middle? please help!

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

USA

Device

Galaxy S20 FE

Operating System

Android ver. 12

My Question or Issue

I'm not sure why/when it happened, but today I noticed that the control buttons are rearranged! I've already tried reinstalling spotify, disable the canvas loop, nothing seems to be fixing it. If anyone has any ideas how to fix this please let me know! 

86 Replies

Spotify have recently updated their app so the Play button is on the left. It was much better and less awkward in the middle of the screen, so my idea is to move it back. 

Same. I hate it.

Revert this back ASAP or you will lose a lot of premium payers. 

I received this test branch on Sunday 15th, it's bad UX and you should not have made this a public test. Anyone right-handed could have told you that it's an awful change.

When you're in a beta program you didn't even signed up for.

I'm waiting for a new update every day to fix this.

Put the play button back in the middle. This is helping absolutely no one and I already almost dropped my phone because of this since my fingers are too short to reach that button.

This is worst thing I've seen changed in the app in recent times. I want to be able to revert to the original layout! The original layout is how all media players have had the play settings - it's just how things are done, and what we are used to. Don't reinvent the wheel! Some things, like this, don't need changing because it already makes sense.

Also, add a beta tester option to people's settings so they can opt IN to testing new features. I hate being a tester randomly.

Considering majority of the population is right handed this change is just plain stupid and idiotic. Clearly people at spotify have no idea about what they are doing

This is the worst layout!!  I have the Galaxy S22 and so does my son and his Spotify is normal and mine looks like it's having some kind of glitch with this ridiculous arrangement.  My husband has the Pixel 6 and his is normal.  Why me??  The **bleep** who thought this layout was worth testing out randomly on people should be fired!  He apparently sucks at his job of making things better.  This layout is so stupid I can't even understand what was going on in someone's mind to even think to unload this garbage onto people.  If you want to test things like this, there should be an option to to like or dislike it and be able to revert back to the previous style.  

This is not a left handed solution. That would be simply moving the buttons to the left. Why is the play/pause not in the middle? It makes no damn sense, looks ugly, and makes me want to uninstall Spotify if that means I get to not look at it anymore.

I just wanted to say that I also don´t welcome this change and I hope they don´t implement this for all users.

Yes, I just came here to post about this. The new placement is so bad and doesn't have any benefit. It's harder to reach if you have smaller hands and it's a confusing adjustment.

My Spotify pIay button on the left side and next and previous button on the middle. Is their any way to fix it? Or I can go back to an older version.

It's horrible for lefties and looks bad. Please revert!!!

Yeah the new format is straight up awful 

I haven't got the update yet but I think the new design neither looks that much worse nor that much better than the old design.

How do you know it doesn't look worse or better? It's not simmetric but the awful thing is it's not even aligned with anything, first when I got it I cleaned the cache and reinstalled the app cause it looks like a random bug. It looks completely horrible, I spend much less time in the app after this update as it triggers my OCD.

The same thing happened in my app. It looks AWFUL and it's not going away. It's been like this for over 10 days and I absolutely hate it. PLEASE change it back to the more intuitive version. 

They're really changing stuff just for the sake of it. No legitimate reasoning behind it. Do their well-payed, educated designers just get high and say "yo what if the play button was on the left?" You don't need a degree in design to understand that this is a bad idea.

Their design budget is so big they literally don't know what to do with it.

This change is so bad, I thought it was a  bug at first. Why would anyone think this was a good idea? Please revert this back.

This is not something they're trying. If I log out and log back in, the play button moves back to the center. After going to now playing a few times or waiting a while, it moves back to the left side.

Suggested posts