Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Regional Settings Workaround - Anybody?

Regional Settings Workaround - Anybody?

Hello.... long-time subscriber and I looked for this feature way back when. But it seems that it's still not available and I find it really bizarre.

So, I live in South America and while I am fluent in the local language, I do prefer content in my native tongue. Unfortunately, I pay for Spotify with a card from here and have no access to funds anywhere else.

When I want to browse for podcasts in whatever category (or even music genres), I get all Spanish suggestions front loaded. The only way I can get Spotify to show me something in English is by searching for a specific title or perhaps it's a recommendation because of something else I'm subscribed to.

I find this very frustrating and I cannot understand why such a feature to change regional settings (contrary to your payment location) still does not exist.

Usually, such an issue can be resolved by using a VPN, but that's not how Spotify is set up.

Has anybody figured out a workaround or know if it's something that will be changed in the very near future? Or does somebody know of another platform of equal standing that allows you to do this?

Cheers,

DV

8 Replies

I have the exact same issue in Japan. I'd love to know a workaround myself since I getting strange music recommendations at times and podcasts are constantly being introduced in Japanese when I almost never listen to them in that language.

Up

Maybe if you try fake GPS location on android you can get it by searching on the play store, I don't know if this will work at all but you can try it.

I don't think you read my original post. Otherwise you wouldn't have suggested what you did. Let me know if you need help understanding.

You need to cancel Spotify premium order then you can change region maybe on the payment options there you can change the region or you can make new Spotify account with different region or can you disable location on android phone, i don't think there is workaround.

Why are you wasting my time?

Are you always acting this way when someone is trying to help you? No wonder you are asking help from forums and not your friends.

You got me good there. Best you could come up with?

Anyway since my original post in November of last year, I have cancelled my premium subscription and uninstalled the app from my devices.

As long as they pay Joe Rogan with my money on an exclusive deal, I'm done with Spotify. Forum posts still get to my Gmail account though.

Suggested posts