Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songwriters and Publishers: Four Essential Tools to Understand and Promote Your Work

Songwriters and Publishers: Four Essential Tools to Understand and Promote Your Work

20220805_140951.jpg

Find out how Songwriter Pages, Noteable, Spotify for Publishing, and Written By Playlists enable songwriters, producers, and publishers to make the most of their music on Spotify.

There would be no music business if there were no songwriters, and publishers are the vital piece of the puzzle that connects them with lucrative opportunities to get that music heard. In this episode of our video series The Game Plan, dive into the growing number of tools we provide to help you navigate and advance your career.

Songwriter Pages

An evolution from static song credits, Songwriter Pages are a way for collaborators, industry partners, and fans to dive deeper into the creators behind some of their favorite songs. They’re accessible from Song Credits on Spotify.

What Tayla Parx, who’s written songs with Ariana Grande, Janelle Monáe and many others, likes about having a Songwriter Page is, “my fans’ ability to connect with me in a different way, as a songwriter not just as an artist. And it’s much easier to keep up with the latest coming from me if you have it all in one place to access.”

From the industry side, Songwriter Pages are also a powerful tool. “They’ve helped songwriters land recording and writing sessions,” says Ed Holland, a publisher at BMG. “They help our sync department pitch to music supervisors. They’re also incredible marketing and promotional tools.”

20220805_141018.png

Written By Playlists

Each Songwriter Page also comes with a Written By playlist on Spotify, which gathers together all of each songwriter or producer’s songs to provide a listening experience that showcases the diversity of their body of work for fans and the industry at large.

“It’s really nice having all of these things in one place because it just allows my fans to get to know me better,” says Parx. “I’m able to send that off when it comes to aligning with brands and different partners that just maybe need to know a little bit more.”

Spotify for Publishing

How can publishers identify streaming trends in order to hone in on sync and collaboration opportunities for songwriters? There’s a totally free tool for that: Spotify for Publishing “allows publishers to view analytics across their catalogs, see which playlists are driving engagement, view real-time trends, see data on cover versions of a composition, and track daily streaming stats,” says Paris Kirk, who leads Spotify Songwriter Relations.

Noteable

With information and advice tailored to the songwriter, producer, and publisher community, Noteable is Spotify’s multifaceted resource for tunesmiths and those that work with them. Noteable provides opportunities to connect with others in the industry, shares the stories of writers and producers like Tayla Parx, and delves into the songwriting process via the Song Start video and podcast series. Noteable also features Noteable Studios, where creators can book free studio time in Los Angeles, Nashville, Atlanta, Toronto and London.

Watch the full episode of The Game Plan below, and click here follow Noteable on Instagram.

Spotify for Artists helps you to develop the fanbase you need to reach your goals.

You can read this article in full by clicking here:

https://youtu.be/lQqi9z8C2AM

0 Replies

Suggested posts