Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify started playing and liking music by itself

Spotify started playing and liking music by itself

The other day, as I was pulling into the parking lot of an arcade, my Spotify suddenly stopped my current playlist, and started playing what I guess was the music playing on their local system. 

Every time I got back to my playlist, it ended up switching again to their music.

Then I found out a whole bunch of titles got liked without me ever selecting them.

Does anyone know what may have happened ?

How can I avoid this happening again?

Please, help me, I don't want to have to clean up my like playlist every time I go back there.

1 Reply

Hey @PMDS,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. We hope you don't mind us moving your post out of the Chats section to one of our Help boards as it fits better here.

When you're playing music on our platform, only the account owner can change the playback and like the tracks by hitting the heart/+ button. If the app starts doing those processes by itself, it is possible that your account has been accessed by somebody else without your permission.

In this case, we'd first recommend performing the security process mentioned in this article to see if it makes any difference.

However, if the issue persists, as it could be a security threat to the account and we cannot access users' accounts from the Community, we'd recommend contacting our Customer support directly so they can check the devices logged in and help you further.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts